The only thing I don't like about this place.

by paul from cleveland 22 Replies latest jw friends

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I grow attached to some of the people here and then they just disappear. I actually like it when they have a goodbye thread, like PSacramento. I get to say goodbye. If they decide to come back, I can say hello, welcome back. Just like I would with any other friend.

It makes me feel bad when they go without saying anything. Was it something I said? I'll never know.

• blondie
    blondie

Paul, many people "leave" but still read JWN. If you want to make contact, try sending a PM. Perhaps you can keep contact off board.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It's nothing you have said. Some just become a little more comfortable and do not frequent the site like they once did. Usually you find them here a lot at the beginning of cult rejection usually looking for support, which is a must.

In most cases they come back just not as much.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Quirky, I can understand that. It's just that normally my friends say goodbye if they're going to be gone for awhile. It makes me sad to realize that some of the people I really like aren't friends after all. Just people on a computer that don't realize that I'm a real person here with feelings.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I made contact with several people personally. When JWD went through that "closing down" phase, I gathered email addresses or phone numbers and "friended" them on Facebook. If you really feel in tune with some people, find another way to stay in touch.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I hope I'm not ridiculed when I do this but I'm going to say goodbye if I decide to leave. I'll say something like:

"Thank you for all your love and support. You've gotten me through a difficult time and I really appreciate it. If I come back soon, it's just that I missed all of you. If you'd like to reach me, I'll still be using my facebook account. My name is Paul Suf. Please friend me."

Just like when Mouthy was gone for awhile. She let us know the situation so I wasn't worried that she died or something.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Sometimes we expect too much from this discussion board. It is important to have real friends you can meet and give a hug.

Now I choose not to post under my real name because it helps me keep things in perspective.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I agree Paul and said the same thing recently on another forum.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    is important to have real friends

That's my point, aren't the people here real? If not, why come here at all?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It is important to have REAL freinds...I know, wish I had more..lost all of them to a cult..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit