How Do You Feel When You See Pics of the Gov Body?

by Broken Promises 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont remember ever seeing a picture of a governing body when I was in the tower back

in the 60's and 70's.

I did meet Brother Knorr once when I was in a drama.

I only knew about Knorr.

It wasnt the information age back then.

When I see the picture of todays governing body.

I think how nice it must be not to have to think or make sense of life.

And because they dont think about what they are doing they live in the moment

and are well taken care of.

I think they really believe. I remember when I was a witness there was a time I really believed.

But then life got difficult and I figured out my life was getting difficult because I believed.

And then the time for my difficulty to end, armegeddon came and went.

So after that I went.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

you should of stayed rr- i could envision you as one of them.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Repulsed! Hundreds of my relatives have missed out on life because of them and their lies!

• Gayle
    Gayle

I feel absolutely no pity for them. Their power fulfills something sick in them. They don't know reality of life. They over-govern and suppress and indirectly kill their people. The ones now may have not started the madness but have become directly responsible by position.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Like looking in the toolbox.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I feel nothing. I don't know them, and I didn't know who they were when I was in, so who cares. I don't that's for sure. I didn't really thing of them as anyone special when I was a JW so why would I after 12 years out??

I did attend a memorial once when a governing body member gave the talk. I had no clue who he was and didn't listen anymore then I would have otherwise. They were just men to me. Cranky old bastards, but still men. I didn't feel special because I heard one of them speak. I still could not wait to get out of there. Boy did he drone on and on while giving his talk too. He was as much fun, as watching paint dry.

• nugget
    nugget

I used to think wow they're really old definite proof we are in the last days and armagedon is coming. Now I think goodness me some of them are younger than my mum really worrying for anyone older then 60.

There is no pride they just highlight the lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit