I'm new here

by Diamonds 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome aboard Diamonds, Coffee House Girl and (once again) its_me! and Krettnawe!

Extra black pudding all round then? ;)

BP

Blessings,

Stephen

• Diamonds
    Diamonds

Thanks for your welcoming comments everyone! It is good to have the support and understanding of people who have been through the same experiences as I have. I think it'll do me good to talk and share stuff with you guys. Even though I've been out for over 10 years I haven't ever felt able to talk to anybody about it.

Thank God for internet! It's a wonderful tool with which to share things. Before support group forums like these started popping up, what did we do? I remember feeling very isolated sometimes, specially at first before i made a couple of good friends. And even with good friends I always felt that they couldn't really understand where I was coming from because they hadn't experienced what it's like to come out of JWs.

I'm glad I found this site. I'm a great believer in counselling and talking about feelings - I just have to do it myself!

Peace xx

• shamus100
    shamus100

Diamonds,

That's wonderful! Now that you're part of the group,

Come kiss the monkey!

• wobble
    wobble

Big Wobble Welcome Diamonds !

I relate to what you say so much, I was only thinking earlier today how strange it was that when I was a Dub I was ashamed of it !

From schooldays on I would hide the fact I was a Dub from all I came in contact with

I guess I knew deep down that the doctrines could not be defended.

I think your words about not being bitter are wise, life is too short !

welcome again,

love

Wobble

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Welcome

New Peoples

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Welcome!!!!

• yknot
    yknot

And what a large group it is indeed!

As you might have stumbled across in your reading of JWN discussions.....63% of born/raised leave the 'troof'!

And as for the remaining 37%...... take comfort in knowing that many of us are conscious too!

Knowing you are not alone in your experiences and feelings is extremely empowering!

• under the radar
    under the radar

Welcome Diamonds!

Congratulations on breaking free from the chains of the Watchtower. That's very hard for most to do, and can take decades. So happy you got out while you still have most of your life ahead of you. Enjoy your freedom!

When you have time, would you consider posting a copy of your class paper on cults for us all to read? I'm sure it would make for very interesting reading. Your perspective of being raised in a cult, realizing the trap you were in, and then freeing yourself from it only adds power to your words. It can be very therapeutic for others who had similar experiences to see how you dealt with everything. It shows them that freedom of thought is an achievable goal after all, and a worthy one.

Again, welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Regards,

Radar

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Welcome!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome!Great to have you join us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit