I'm new here

by Diamonds 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Greetings Diamond,

Even though you are from the other side of the pond, we are pretty much in the same place and have the same story. We are really similar in age too. When I was younger I used to be ashamed, now I am not. Although I do wonder if I should be so open. Sometimes I think I might be judged as a potential suitor due to my family being apart of such a "wheels off" religion. Guess there are worst things to be.

-Brocephus

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hello!

From,

plmtree

• spawn
    spawn

Welcome and enjoy the Board, get involved and have fun

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Diamonds. You have done very well with your exit.

Congratulations.

Cheers

Chris

• shamus100
    shamus100

Welcome Diamonds!

If it's any consolation, all families are basically screwed up some way or another - if they weren't dubs, it would be something else.

Take care.

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

Good point Shamus..

• flipper
    flipper

DIAMONDS- Welcome to the board ! You are among friends. After having escaped the witnesses over 6 years ago myself ( after 44 years in ) I found that something that helped me move on and get away from the guilt or fear feelings from being a JW were 2 very good books by Steve Hassan - " Combatting Cult Mind Control and the follow-up book Releasing the Bonds - Empowering People to Think For Themselves " . These books enabled me to understand what caused me to go through certain feelings and emotions even years after exiting the witnesses. After several years I feel more centered now as a person and I no longer have guilt or fearful emotions anymore. I highly recommend these books ! Look forward to hearing from you on the board and a warm welcome once again ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• doublelife
    doublelife

Welcome!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Wow! Welcome to its_me! and Coffee House Girl and Krettnawe, too!

~Sue

• dig692
    dig692

I just googled black pudding....

Welcome to the board! I hope you benefit from the many wonderful experiences and words of wisdom you can find here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit