how to sue the WTBS?

by orangefatcat 25 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Does anyone know or heard of anyone that has sued the WBTS? I was just wondering I was in the organization 38 years and I feel cheated out of all those years I was in. Or how about when your disfellowshiped and your family alientates you from their lives. Or mental breakdowns? Does anyone know if I have legal recourse?

PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• Francois
    Francois

I wish you a lot of luck. I asked Ray Franz if he knew of anyone who had successfully sued the WTBTS for anything, and he said no. However, that was 15 years ago. Who knows?

Go for it. I'm on your side.

Francois

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Merci, Francois

• flower
    flower

there is plenty of proof that they are not acting through God or inspired by God so they have lied to us for all these years and i dont know why we cant put together a lawsuit and bring the truth out in court. all the rest of the witnesses would hear the facts and we would get the satisfaction of seeing the bastards at the top try to justify their lies. i think we would win. so why cant we do this

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hmmm. If a solicitor (that's a lawyer, US people) gives bad advice, you can sue him for costs, loss of income.

In 1990, insurance investment companies in the UK came under scrutiny. People were borrowing money to buy a home on an interest only repayment scheme, the insurance companies then sold an endowment policy that was supposedly enough to settle the mortgage after 20 years AND give the client a considerable sum of money on top. On paper, it seemed a better bet than a conventional repayment mortgage. It wasn't, after just a few years, the insurance companies realised that their predictions were wrong, there was never going to be enough money to even square the mortgage, let alone give money on top.

The govenment took a dim view and forced the big insurance compainies to pay £££££billions in compensation to their badly advised clients.

So, how much more so are the WTBTS culpable for the losses incurred by their clients who sold everything as they awaited the 1975 millenium?

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Lindy
    Lindy

Good luck. I had been in 40 plus years, and I have only known one person to try, and they didn't get to square one.

Lindy

• picosito
    picosito

Perhaps lawsuits against WBTS could be successful as Class-Action suits. There are plenty of people on this board who would love to see them sued for various abusive scams they are guilty of. Perhaps if someone from this board contacted an attorney, some progress could be made from that point, at least us becoming educated about chances of suing the WBTS, perhaps even making some progress to that end. "Ex-JW's of the world, Unite!"

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

sound like a good idea this Class Action thing. Any one out there with knowledge of a good lawyer, who has the guts to take this undertaking for a great many of us?

PROCRASTINATION IS THE THEIF OF TIME!!

• rekless
    rekless

how about breach of contract???

We enterered a contract with them in our baptism talk being baptised in the farther son, and holy spirit, now it is in the name of the father son and god's anointed earthly organization...

At which point I lost faith in the WTS.
    How about anybody else.

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Have other religous ORGanizations been sued successfully, like the Scientologist or the Mormons?

IMHO, the orgs 'Achilles Heal' is how much they run the religion like a business enterprise and NOT a humanitarian organization. They put profits, (new recruits, more kingdumb halls) over the wellfare of the R&F.

A class action suit can focus on one GLAREING problem, like emotional abuse suffered at the hands of jack-booted, ignorant, insensitive, mean-spirited, 'glorious ones' called elders!

Just a thought.

CornerStone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit