Neighbor taking advantage rant!

by restrangled 25 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

Fences don't make a damn bit of difference when you have a neighbor that burns UNCONTAINED garbage and limbs, etc. in a raging fire with the wind fiercely blowing. I had ash blowing in my yard. I even reported to fire dept. but if fire is not more than 8 feet spread and so many feet from property line, then neighbor is "within regulation". Just because wind is blowing hard....there is no law about having common sense.

It could be worse, Restrangled. I told fire dept. to keep on alert because entire neighborhood might go up because of no regulations regarding wind factor and common sense. What can you do?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Excuse me Jd?...Your words:

Your actions are petty. Your not wanting waste in your yard isn't. You appear to need to learn some basic social skills.

Reverse the situation. How would you like to be approaced when you offend someone, whether intentonally or unintentionally?

You just barked up the wrong tree my friend. You never put your garbage cans or bags in your neighbors yard under any circumstances. I was also the President of a Condo association. No one gets away with this kind of crap.

I have been on this street for over 14 years......none of us would ever consider dropping any garbage bags on a neighbors lawn.

So it is strewn across my front lawn and I rake it up and put in a pile in the perpetrators lawn?....that my dear is not petty, its called just deserts!

Social skills would include not dumping your trash in front of someone else's house to be picked up...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Trust me, you don't want to get into petty neighbor wars. Noone wins. Least of all you.

"Noone" is not a word.

I don't like getting into petty neighbour wars either but sometimes you just don't have a choice. A few years ago, without speaking to me first, a neighbour dug up part of her property and piled the dirt on my walkway leading to my backyard, making the entire backyard and rear of the house inaccessible. The oil company couldn't deliver heating oil. You better believe I raised hell.

W

• John Doe
    John Doe
    You just barked up the wrong tree my friend. You never put your garbage cans or bags in your neighbors yard under any circumstances. I was also the President of a Condo association. No one gets away with this kind of crap.
    I have been on this street for over 14 years......none of us would ever consider dropping any garbage bags on a neighbors lawn.
    So it is strewn across my front lawn and I rake it up and put in a pile in the perpetrators lawn?....that my dear is not petty, its called just deserts!
    Social skills would include not dumping your trash in front of someone else's house to be picked up...

I wouldn't want you for a neighbor. When you have a problem with a neighbor, the wise, amicable, and peaceful thing to do is to confront them face to face and work out a solution. What you did is passive aggressive and engenders hard feelings and hostilities, regardless of who's at fault.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hah, they are just getting home and trying to park their big ass rigs.....so sorry the garbage company didn't pick up all your plastic plants and pots....that were not considered yard waste hidden in plastic bags on my lawn.

I also noticed they just tossed the beam that I carried over to differentiate my lawn from theirs into the street. That should make for some great accidents.

r.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Plant rocks along the edge of your property, large ones!

• restrangled
    restrangled

JD....just for the record, we have talked many times, about their loose dogs, (little shitzu bastards that torture my Doberman, including coming up to his window where he sleeps and trying to break through) loud parties, etc. I have always been nice. Probably too nice and this is what happens.

I am considered a great neighbor by all around me.....Like I said we have been here for years, supported each other, our kids grew up together. This is a recent neighbor.

r.

• Mary
    Mary

Is this the same asshole neighbour who went to prison rather than clean up his pigsty of a place?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    JD....just for the record, we have talked many times, about their loose dogs, (little shitzu bastards that torture my Doberman, including coming up to his window where he sleeps and trying to break through) loud parties, etc. I have always been nice. Probably too nice and this is what happens.

Well, I should apologize then. I made the assumption you hadn't talked with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit