How many here desire 'Reality' over the fantasy of eternal life?

by AK - Jeff 42 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I know we are going to die.

But you really cant say what happens after we die.

To be alive and function, see, think, witness all the beauty and pain is a miracle.

And I expect more.

There are optomist and there are pessimist.

I dont think hoping to go to heaven or live eternally is any more a waste of time

than coming here or wathing football, baseball, tv.

Everything is vanity.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

nugget: "When I woke up to the lies of the organisation it was as if I lost those people all over again. coming to terms with no paradise meant coming to terms with no resurrection."

It's not resurrection. It's restoration. We will be restored to our former selves the way we were before we took on these bodies of wet dust.

We are not from here. We were created in perfection and eternal. These bodies are not perfectly created---they wither and they are temporary.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Once one embraces the frame of mind that the here and now is all there is they will never go back to watching life go by while they are waiting for something better.

"this is it"

I hope we are eternall. But I understand that this life may be it.

I live every day as though it is my last.

Still, living like today may be my last.

I dont do that many extraordinary things.

If I won 10 million dollars in the lottery the main thing I would do tomorrow is not go to work.

Working for a living whether I am eternal or temporal takes up most of my time and energy.

5 days a week I have to go to work that takes about 10 hours, getting dressed, driving to and back,

preparing, making lunch.

8 hours to sleep.

2 hours to go to the gym work out and travel

1 hour to eat dinner and visit with my wife.

That leave me 3 hours a day to grab all the gusto I can.

Sadly I dont find that much gusto on a day to day basis.

Whether I am going to live forever or die tomorrow eternally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit