Now That Spring's Here What Suggestions Do You Have To Get Into Shape?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

We don't need suggestions on how to get in shape. We all know what to do. The real question is how do we find the motivation to do it.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh Paul. You need to actively try to be happy man. Fake it until you make it. It works.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Talking about it is motivating! I love this thread.

• sweet
    sweet

i've hired a personal trainer to help me reach my weight loss goals...i started on march 1st of this year and have already lost 6 ibs and inches since then...the reason why i lost those 6 ibs is that i've lost inches and i'm soooo SHOCKED and HAPPY at the same time!!! my first weight loss goal weight is to be at least 150 ibs by end of may.

• highdose
    highdose

i think the key is to find a type of excerise that you love and really enjoy. I always hated competitive sports at school but i love yoga. All people are different and finding what motivates you is key.

Other than that, i would suggest cutting out alcohol. Your calorie intake will be immedatly reduced and your body will be much more willing to do physical excerise, especaily in the mornings.

• wobble
    wobble

Cutting out alcohol ???? Highdose that is Apostate talk to me, a member of the the Church of the Holy Shepherd and St. Neame !!!!

I shall be walking to a Pub a bit further away than my local, that should do the trick.

Love

Wobble

• designs
    designs

Last year we kicked off Spring with a hike into the Anza Borrego Desert, explored the wind caves and found fossils in the hills. Unbelieveably beautiful blooms should be starting any week now.

'The desert will blossom as the rose'

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

wobble, I'm also a devoted apostle of the church of ale/wine/vodka/whiskey etc but HD speaks the truth, it's very bad for us!

St Paddy's today as well, would be rude to not have a few Guiness after work

• tonyhag
    tonyhag

I took up kickboxing at 50 lol, after goling with my 11 year old son to his grading and I lost a stone within a week of starting.

Also took up mountain biking last year and within a month I had broekn my arm lol, guess kickboxing is safer!

• beksbks
    beksbks

This time of year is it's own motivation for me. Everything is beautiful and green, and flowers are popping up everywhere. I've been taking a walk everyday since it stopped raining. I can just feel the silly grin on my face. Sun shining, birds making nests, squirrels running around, and yesterday I saw a Mallard duck couple.

Also, it's the beginning of fantastic fruit and vegetable season. It's the easiest time of the year to eat healthy, IMO. I get to have a real garden this year, I'm very excited about it.

How about working in the yard? Anything outside really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit