Presciption drug addiction

by crapola 24 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

shamus,

It was from a lecture at the university I attended, our professor was a practicing therapist.

Several organizations keep stats- samhsa, nida, uhd.edu

• shamus100
    shamus100

Thanks, designs. I appreciate it.

It answers a lot of questions that I have with regards to drug addicts and how some can be recreational and others become plain old junkies.

• crapola
    crapola

Well, today was a very good day. She went to the clinic and talked to the counceler and he told her that these setbacks were very common and to not give up. Which is what I had been telling her too. But it helps to hear this from a professional. So we need to just take one day at a time and be thankful when it goes well. And not dwell on how long this journey might take. It will end someday.

• dissed
    dissed

I deal with chronic pain and this is my concern as well. I have been taking natural anti-inflamitories, and natural pain killers to supplement and limit my narcotic use to when absolutely necessary.

Have her check with her doctor for alternative meds. My Dr reccomended these for me.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Probably one of the most common and yet denied addition I have ever known of. So many people stamp and "OK" on that addition, as they got a script from a doctor and that makes it all fine. I have relatives in to it, friends and so on. Hell, the past job I just left was a call center. I would say about 70% of those in call centers are addicted to Vicodin. The main ones are Vicodin, Percasaid and Oxycottendin. Forgive my spelling, but it is the basic idea. Just one thing I have come to accept about it, is just how acceptable it is to those who thought they would never take or become addicted to drugs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit