"The Truth will set you Free!"

by wannabe 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabe
    wannabe

"The Truth will set you free!"

Does it not sound very strange, that an Organization such as the Governing Body of the Wachtower Society can make the claims, as they do, that they are "God's Spirit Directed Organization," "God's Channel of Communication," "The Faithful Slave Class," "The Temple Class," "The anointed Brothers of Christ," "The Mother of all Christian's in their ranks," To them only "the Bible is open to understand." To everyone outside of their Organization it is a "sealed Book." "not open to the understanding of anyone else?" That "their Watchtower Magazine is God's Principle teaching instrument?" All the while telling us this, establishing for themselves a 130 year record of failed predictions and false prophcecies? It really doesn't take a Rocket - Scientist to see something is dreadfully wrong with their reasoning. How in heavens name could Jehovah's Holy Spirit establish such a record as that? It would be virtually impossible to do, was the Holy Spirit really to be resting on them.

This, at this time, might sound like a very silly question, but is it entirely possible the Holy Spirit has not been resting upon them at all, throughout the entire time period that they have been operational? I'm fairly certain I can go on to prove that is exactly the case.

One would expect, was all their God-like claims to be true, they, would, like all the Twelve Apostles, know the truth of the Bible, and not be changing their teachings back and forth, as they do, as they have so many times. True! They might not, and could be expected to have all knowledge, but it could be expected that what they had known would be known accurately, with no necessity to change what they had learned up to the particular plateau of knowledge they had reached. Are we to believe Jehovah's Hoy Spirit would guide them along a path of error? Would it guide them for 130 years along a path of failed predictions and false prophecies? Are we dummies to believe such nonsense?

We might gain the answers to these questions by looking at the situation as it existed in the first Century among the true followers of the Christ, who they were in direct contact with.

We know that Jesus tells us in John 14:6 that he himself was the way of the truth. So, anyone in contact with him at that time would themselves come to know the truth, as he promised they would.

31"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." {John 8:32 NIV}

Jesus told them, and us, that in order to know the truth, they, and we, had to hold to his teachings, by doing that, they, and we would come to know the truth.

That is a promise from the very Son of God, so we can put full faith in that promise to be realised. Which already cast doubt on the claims of the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society. One thing they don't know to this very day, is the truth of the Bible.

What about the early Christian's though? Did they know the truth as Jesus had promised? John will answer that for us:

21 "I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth."{1 John 2:21 NIV} Once again a dark shadow is cast over the Governing Body, because, as far I know, their 0ne hundred and thirty record of failed predictions and false prophecies, clearly tells us, for all of that time period, they did not know the truth. The record itself speaks a very loud message of condemnation against them, and tells us all they are not what they make claim to being. For all of that time period they were not Spirit directed at all. Unless of course we believe, the Holy Spirit would lead them on that 130 year record of failed predictions and false prophecies. That, of course, is not even possible!

What about us today though! The Christ doesn't walk this earth now as he did in the first Century, so how do we receive our teachings today? Must we depend on an Organization, that themselves doesn't know the truth of the Bible, and be led along the same path of error, that they trod? Of what benefit would that be to us? They will tells us that when we study, we should dig-out that older publication; Watchtower or Awake Magazine, or Book, or what have you, in order to deepen our understanding of the Bible. What they are telling us, is, dig out that old record of failed predictions and false prophecies, and from that digging we''ll increase our knowledge. Now, that would get us a long way, wouldn't it? Rather than telling us to pray for the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit, through which, if gained would lead us into all truth of the Bible, they'd rather we search througth a failed record. That would actually be funny, if it wasn't so bloody sad.

I would like to direct attention to something Jesus did for his Eleven Apostles just prior to his ascension. This is what follows:

Using their own New Worlds Translation Bible, we read:

"Then he opened up their minds fully to grasp the meaning of the scriptures." {Luke 24:45 NWT}

With that done for them they would have no problem what-so-ever in setting forth correct interpretations of the Holy Writings. It would not be possible, under those circumstances to establish a record as long as the Governing Body has, of failed predictions and false propecies. But there's even more to consider than that, as I'll now go on to show. Rememember too, they say the Watchtower Magazine is Jehovah's Principle teaching instrument. The first publication of this Magazine coming out in the year 1879. By saying it is Jehovah's main principle teaching instrument, they would immediately cut off the flow of the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is Jehovah's main principle teaching instrument, not their Watchtower Magazine. So, right from their Magazines inception, Jesus would not do the following for them that would aid then much further in understanding, and gaining knowledge of Jehovah's word. What was that? Actually explaining why that 130 year record exists today are these following words of Jesus, again from their own Bible Translation:

"If you love me, you will observe my commandments; and I will request the Father and he will give you another helper to be with you forever, the Spirit of the truth which the World cannot receive, because it neither beholds it or knows it. You know it because it remains with you and will be in you." This is the medium by which they were enabled to observe all of the Christs commandments, without it they could do nothing. More particurly show proper love for him.

Would Jesus ask the Father to give them this helper, if by their actions they were to show they didn't need, or want this helper; which they were doing by saying a Magazine was Jehovah's main principle teaching instrument? Would that not be the highest insult anyone could pay to Jehovah and his Son, while making profession that they were "Spirit Directed?" "God's

Organization?" Was they to have really received this Holy Spirit in the year 1879 at the time of the first printing of their Watchtower Magazine, and they really were Jehovah's Organization what would have been the result because of gaining and having at work in them the Holy Spirit for the past 130 years? Let's Look at that now:

6 "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." {John 14:26 NIV}

Does that sound like an Organization that really had the Holy Spirit operational on them could establish a record of 130 years of failed predictions and false prophecies? To believe that would be tantamount to accusing the Christ of being a false Prophet, since the Holy Spirit is in his hands to pour out on whomever he wishes. {Acts 2:32} Being taught all things, and reminded of everything they had been taught, how much room for error, would, or could, there ever be? I'll answer! Absolutely none!

I'll go on now too show even more convincing evidence of what occurs with anyone who is really in possession of the Holy Spirit:

13"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." {John 16:13 NIV}

After 130 years, by now the Governing Body should be in possession of all truth, even knowing what is to come. Up to now, they haven't been able figure out what day it is, much less the Bible. If the Governing Body is really God's Organization, then the following will be true of them; the question is, is it really?

27 "But you have received the Holy Spirit from God. He continues to live in you. So you don't need anyone to teach you. God's Spirit teaches you about everything. What he says is true. He doesn't lie. Remain joined to Christ, just as you have been taught by the Spirit."{1 John 2:27 NIRV} They obviously have not been joined to the Christ! Had they of been, that 130 record would not even be in existence.

Could it possibly be true, that Jehovah's Holy Spirit could be blamed for 130 years of failed predictions and false Prophecies?

The whole truth of the matter, is the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society, is not God's Spirit Directed Organization! They are not the Temple Class! They are not the anointed Brothers of the Christ! They are not the Mother of all of those in their ranks!

What they really are, are the ones Jesus foretold, would mislead if possible even the chosen ones. They are the ones Paul foretold, would have a verbal message or a letter that had the appearance of coming from the true anointed class. Paul warned: Do not be decieved by them. Weigh carefully together the words of Jesus, and compare them with what Paul tells us: Note the words of Jesus first:

24 "False messiahs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, even the elect." {Matthew 24:24 HCSB} Think about 7 MIllion going door to door now. A Great sign wouldn't you say? The large World-Wide Assemblys! Another great sign. The 17 Million possible candidates, now standing on the sidelines showing interest. Their teachings so close to the truth, its difficult to tell it's not.

8 "And he said, Take heed that ye be not led astray: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am he; and, The time is at hand: go ye not after them." {Luke 21:8 ASV} I can remember a Watchtower publication I had at one time, titled: "The time is at hand." Keep the words of Jesus in mind and now compare them with the words of Paul, and notice how well they line up together:

1 "Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for [that day will not come] until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God." {Thessalonians 2:2:1-5 TNIV}

5 Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?

Paul is now telling us, in harmony with the words of Jesus, that some, by word of mouth, [presention at the door] or letter {Watchtower Awake} would be saying the day of the lord has already come, and they would be professing to be of the true anointed class. "Allegedly from us."

Jesus had said, they might possibly mislead the chosen elect; while Paul told us they would appear to represent the true anointed class. Having that verbal message or letter with the appearance it came from the true anointed class.

Note the words of Paul in verse 5 of 2 Thessalonians 2:1-5

5 Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? You might be thinking what things? To follow:

12"And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve." {2 Corinthians 11:12-15 NIV}

Was there to be an Organization, appointed by God in our time period, why would Paul want to cut the ground out from under any that claimed to be on equal footing with them? The Apostles? Why did he identify any that did as false Apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as Apostles of Christ? Identifying them as satanic servants of righteousness? Why did Jesus tell us, in so many words not to believe or follow anyone delivering teachings about him, if there was to be an appointed Organization on this earth, during the last days of this system of things?{Matthew 24:23}

One last point I would like to focus on, that I think , many missunderstand. The Apostle Paul tied in the activity of this man of lawlessness with the great foretold Apostasy that had to come first, and the man of lawlessness being revealed. Of course all of Jehovah's Witnesse today make the claim that they are lovers of the truth, and maintain they walk in the way of the truth. Was you to try to tell them that Paul's words at verse 10 applied to them, as the ones, who "would not accept the love of the truth in order to be saved." That "God sends a strong delusion on them, so that they believe what is false." That they "all will be condemned because they did not believe the truth, but enjoyed unrighteousness." They would believe you had taken leave of your senses. I challenge anyone to try and tell any one of the witnesses that the Governing Body is not Jehovah's Spirit directed organization, is not the Faithful Slave, is not the Temple class; is actually nothing they make claim to being. It doesn't matter what you say, or how you say it, to try to convince them that they are being misled; they refuse to listen to a word you say if you speak against their so-called faithful slave. I know! I`ve tried it! The Minute you do, their minds will close like a steel trap, and you just simply cannot get through to them. They really don''t believe the truth when its told to them.

My point is, the entire crowd the Governing Body has gathered, and any more they will yet gather, constitute the great Apostasy Paul was talking about. Why do I say that? There was a time I believed the great apostasy applied to religious Christendom, but learning, as I did, that Paul was talking about an Organization that had a verbal message or letter similar to the true Apostle's, that information changed the picture drastically. I realised the one Paul was talking about had to resemble so closely the true Religion, that it might possibly mislead the anionted class. Knowing religious Christendom couldn't do that misleading, I realised he was talking about another Apostasy from a difference source. What source is that? First the words of Paul:

1"Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to Him: we ask you, brothers, 2 not to be easily upset in mind or troubled, either by a spirit by a message or by a letter as if from us, alleging that the Day of the Lord has come. 3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way. For [that day] will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits in God's sanctuary, publicizing that he himself is God. 5 Don't you remember that when I was still with you I told you about this? 6 And you know what currently restrains [him], so that he will be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; but the one now restraining will do so until he is out of the way, 8 and then the lawless one will be revealed. The Lord Jesus will destroy him with the breath of His mouth and will bring him to nothing with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming [of the lawless one] is based on Satan's working, with all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders, 10 and with every unrighteous deception among those who are perishing. [They perish] because they did not accept the love of the truth in order to be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a strong delusion so that they will believe what is false, 12 so that all will be condemned —those who did not believe the truth but enjoyed unrighteousness."{2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 HCSB}

Jesus made it clear that many would be misled, as his following words show:

5 "Jesus said to them: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 6 Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many. 7 When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come."{Mark 13:5-7 NIV}

The Governing Body has made a very serious error, in telling everyone that they are God's Organization. The reason being, God's Organization now is a Heavenly Organization, not an earthly one. Evidenced by the following sciptures: {Hebrews 12:18-24} {Revelation 3:12; 14:1;21:2,10 Their claims in the light of these scriptures, are bogus. So, everyone in their ranks are following a false Prophet. Say what they will! That's the Clear unfarnished truth of it. What they are is an imitation of the original; if you will, a deviation of the one true religion established by the Christ. An Apostate copy, because of claiming to be the truth. From which this great Apostasy Paul foretold would develope, and it's certainly doing that now.

What, now, does that make the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses? It makes them the Man of Lawlessness foretold by the Apostle Paul. You're shocked of course! That's what the real truth of any matter does, isn't it? It's shocks you senseless, but it also sets you free.

Aside from what I have covered up to this Point, I now direct attention to the words of Paul at two scriptures that will unseat every religious Body on this earth today, and seat the one whose it rightfully is into it. Those scriptures are found at Philippians 2:5-11 and Ephesians 1:15-23 Add to those, the words of Jesus himself which will do the same thing: {Matthew 28:18} I'm not suggesting that you don't already know these scriptures, because I know that you do. While sitting in those Kingdom Hall seats, could we expect to hear an exposure like this going on? Would any of those giving their talks have ever focused on what I have here? What did John Wayne used to say? "That'll be the day." Yeah! That'll be the day the Governing Body is Jehovah's Spirit - directed - Oranization! "That'll be the day!" When it is learned they are not, then the truth will set them free!

All of the high and lofty appointments I metioned at the beginning of this writing, that the Governing Body bestows upon themeselves, constitute that Organization as "sitting down in the Temple of God Professing themselves to be God." The reason being, was it to be true Jehovah did have such an earthly Organization, at this time; only Jehovah himself could make such appointments, by taking those appointments for themselves, they are actually professing to be God themselves, just as Paul predicted the Man of Lawlessness, would do.

This is all the truth! And the Truth will set you free!" Wannabe

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The truth will, in fact, set you free. But, not the corrupted version of the truth that Paul was speaking about, nor the even more corrupted version that the religions teach. Paul corrupted the Gospel writers, who had at least 40 years to forget things and "remember" a bad version of what actually happened. Learning this truth actually set me free more so than any washtowel littera-trash.

As a witless, the truth (the real truth, not their tangled web of lies that passes for "truth") has set me free from endless boasting sessions (one of which I am missing now), field circus (including having to go out in the rain, somehow keeping a pile of wastes of paper dry, and handing out wastes of paper), and obeying stupid rules. I now get to keep more of the money I make, using it as I see fit, rather than wasting it on Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund donations or Grand Boasting Sessions. I am now free to do acts of kindness as I see fit, without worrying about "it might stumble someone else". And, I am free to take medical advice from whoever I see fit, even if they are only 85% accurate (I can find the other 15% online) instead of taking it from someone that has no business telling me how to live.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

It sure as hell set me free. The only truth I needed was this crack-pot religion was false, and I could let go of all guilt, false expectations, and be free.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

All of the high and lofty appointments I metioned at the beginning of this writing, that the Governing Body bestows upon themeselves, constitute that Organization as "sitting down in the Temple of God Professing themselves to be God." The reason being, was it to be true Jehovah did have such an earthly Organization, at this time; only Jehovah himself could make such appointments, by taking those appointments for themselves, they are actually professing to be God themselves, just as Paul predicted the Man of Lawlessness, would do.

This is all the truth! And the Truth will set you free!" Wannabe

================

Wannabe ,

take a look here

wantingtruth

• The Finger
    The Finger

The Truth is Jesus Christ. I think there is the meaning of "The Real thing" embodied in the word. Everything else isnt. In his book Truth and Tolerance, Ratzinger argued that truth and love are identical. God is Love.

• The Finger
    The Finger

maybe i'm getting confused with Coke Cola. Rum will do that.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Does it not sound very strange, that ...

I used to think it was strange that outsiders didn't get it. Now I realize it was me that didn't get it.

One would expect, was all their God-like claims to be true, they, would, like all the Twelve Apostles, know the truth of the Bible, and not be changing their teachings back and forth, as they do, as they have so many times.

Yes, all one has to do is realize that God's organization, as a faithful and DISCREET servant, would always be correct or would wait to say anything about a subject until it knew the correct truth. At worst, they would admit to speculation with the thought that they do not know.

They remind me of a tent revival faith-healer that has the occasional skeptic in the audience. They blame the audience member when they cannot be healed by the con artist.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

WHO understands these verses ?

Isaiah 44

1 "But now listen, O Jacob, my servant,
    Israel, whom I have chosen.

2 This is what the LORD says—
    he who made you, who formed you in the womb,
    and who will help you:
    Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant,
    Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
    and streams on the dry ground;
    I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,
    and my blessing on your descendants.

4 They will spring up like grass in a meadow,
    like poplar trees by flowing streams.

5 One will say, 'I belong to the LORD ';
    another will call himself by the name of Jacob;
    still another will write on his hand, 'The LORD's,'
    and will take the name Israel.

wt

• wannabe
    wannabe

WTWIZARD!

It may not mean too much to you, but the Aposte Paul wrote the majority of the Christian Greek Scriptures. He was one of those INSPIRED men of God. One of the Holy Men of God that recorded what Jehovah wanted Man-kind to know. He was a chosen vessel to Jehovah,. so to speak against him as you do. is speaking against Jehovah himself. Not good territory to be found standing on, if youknow what I mean. Wannabe

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

the Aposte Paul wrote the majority of the Christian Greek Scriptures. He was one of those INSPIRED men of God. One of the Holy Men of God that recorded what Jehovah wanted Man-kind to know. He was a chosen vessel to Jehovah,

Do you have anything at all other than Paul's own "say-so" to support that assertion?

WTWizard makes an excellent point. Pauline Christianity bears very little resemblance to "the truth" Christ preached that would set his followers free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit