No words to express how much I dispise Religion. This is just disgusting!!!!

by whereami 35 Replies latest jw friends

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Having consentual sex is always a choice.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"I would consider taking offense at anyone who states, "I despise the people who practice religion or who practice homosexuality." For the hatred is now no longer toward the action or the philosophy, but the hatred is fixed on living human beings. That is offensive...."

Gooood Point, EverAStudent!

Zid

(Who doesn't hate religion, usually, but is often flabbergasted that people - wait, I mean SOME people - are dumb enough to buy it... )

• ziddina
    ziddina

You'll notice that they went to a nation where it was already illegal... Billy the Ex pointed out something very significant, however - Uganda has a very high mortality rate from AID/HIV... Of course, homosexuals would be viewed as 'plague-carriers'... So the high death-rate/plague situation is undoubtedly very frightening to the average person in Uganda. And of course the "fundies" are taking advantage of it...

Of course, this same viciousness will be aimed at anyone who doesn't follow a fundamentalist version of "Christian" life - intellectuals, free women [Uppity! women! Like widows, career women, single mothers - any woman functioning without male headship], and so on...

This video doesn't exactly make me hate religion, but I'm thoroughly p*ssed at the "fundies"!!! Zid

• Chalam
    Chalam

I just want to point out that what is depicted in the video is in no way Christian and is contrary to the teaching of Christ.

Jesus told us NOT to judge.

Luke 6:37-38 (New International Version)

Judging Others
    37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Matthew 7 (New International Version)

Judging Others
    1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Also, He showed us by example, here's a good one the "Christians" in the video should read John 8

What struck me was that what is being done there is actually more akin to what is taught by the WT rather than Jesus.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Since a large part of this thread seems to be nitpicking, I'll throw another nit in there to pick:

"Despise" doesn't necessarily imply "hatred" or any sort of harm-wishing upon it's object. It may not be a leap to assume that but it's certainly a step at least.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Reporter: Does all this, in your mind, fit in with the spirit of Christianity which is to help the oppressed?

Preacher: Very much. Very very much. We need to know what are they doing in their bedroom.... and you cannot make comments out of ignorance.

I am also disgusted with religion now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit