No words to express how much I dispise Religion. This is just disgusting!!!!

by whereami 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I can only go by what you say here, perhaps you need to say it more clearly. Your subject line says you despise religion. You then site the actions of a few people as to why. If you said "I hate what THESE people stand for," I would agree with you. You didn't say that.

There are a lot of religious people who do not agree with the ideas expressed in your post, yet your statment indidates you despise all of them.

• cofty
    cofty

Its about time Scott Lively came out the closet

Will USA be much different if you vote for morons like Palin?

• whereami
    whereami

Jeff I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you.

If you refuse too see what is being said here fine. You know I did not say "I DESPISE ALL OF THEM".

Maybe it's just me but you sound like JW apologists who claim that apostates hate "us" and "despise" us because we follow the true god.

Not realizing that we don't despise them but the teachings of their holy book and their true masters the GB that make them spew their hate and intolerance for other people. Especially the ones that were once their "brothers".

PS, unfortunately I'm still in!!

• whereami
    whereami

cofty, that's ultimately the problem here isn't it. We live in a county that the "majority" of Christians would vote for the idiot on the basis if he or she believes this crap.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes its why even nice inoffensive religion is a concern. People "believe in belief" and it lends credibility to the nutters and their hateful views.

• booby
    booby

I realize that we are looking at a sub-set of "religion" here but don't they sound just like the witnesses. Because a few "apostates" go after the witnesses, all those who they call apostate are witness haters and want to bring them "down". And because some of the "worldly" people are not the most desirable of the human species they are all disgusting and must be avoided and hated, basically. These idiots are actually worse since they have no rational proof of some kind of "gay" conspiracy at all. NUTTERS.

• JeffT
    JeffT

No words to express how much I dispise Religion.

I do not see any limitation in this statement.

I am not defending what these idiots are saying. I'm saying that I can't see the moral superiority of "I dispise religion" over "I dispise homosexuality," with the possible esception that you haven't said you want to kill people who practice religion.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I can't see the moral superiority of "I dispise religion" over "I dispise homosexuality,"

Hatefulness is hatefulness no matter who it is directed toward.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Shouldn't that be despise instead of "dispise" in the thread title?

Be that as it may I can see how watching that video can make you upset.

That is why even tho judge J.F.Rutherford got many things wrong, I can wholeheartedly agree with his statement

"religion is a snare and a racket"

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

I can see no reason for me to take personal offense at anyone who states, "I despise religion." Religions are practices and beliefs of people, but they are not the people.

I can see no reason for me to take personal offense at anyone who states, "I despise homosexuality." Homosexuality is a practice of people, but it is not the people.

I would consider taking offense at anyone who states, "I despise the people who practice religion or who practice homosexuality." For the hatred is now no longer toward the action or the philosophy, but the hatred is fixed on living human beings. That is offensive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit