does the idea of aging get easier with time?

by paul from cleveland 49 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

The older i get the closer to the Lord I feel.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The Finger!

Same here.

Imagine if the first Man had allowed himself to do that.

Sylvia

• moshe
    moshe

Often times there are advanatages to getting older- at some point you can even hide your own Easter eggs!

Older guys are especially prone to doing something adventurous to prove they still "have it". I have a retired friend who sent me this picture (caption added for educational purposes) of his trip to Machu Picchu in Peru last summer. They don't call it the bucket list for nothing. That 12,000 ft mountain climbing adventure almost did him in.

• moshe
    moshe

For a man, you know are getting older when you stop day dreaming about sex- and think about-- so yes, it does get less complicated!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When I was young I thought I WOULD NEVER DIE BUT CONQUER THE WORLD.

As I have got older I have become more content. So the answer to your question is YES

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

As I have got older I have become more content. So the answer to your question is YES

Thank you

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

for me the idea of aging is the last difficult hurdle to overcome in my post JW life.

I consider myself a very logical person, but I realize that I am having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that I will die. I know this is only because for over 30 years I have believed without a shadow of any doubt that I would never every die, but it is still difficult.

I think it will get better with time.

In the meantime I do everything I can to retain my youth... exercise, diet etc. I will consider any other cutting edge supplements, drugs, etc to turn back the clock...after all - this life is all we have....it makes sense to make the most of it !

The Oracle

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have just turned 40 and I can say no it doesn't. It gets worse every year. Maybe that is because I am only recently new to the idea of getting old and dying. Actually, I still am fit and healthy and do a lot with people in their 20's, but conceptually hate the idea of aging.

I feel exactly the same way I did mentally and physically as I did at 18. I'm not kidding.

I just went to a 25 year school reunion. It was remarkable that I had not seen many of these people since the age of 15, yet felt exactly as I had last time we met. The memories are the same and at a base level the chemical reactions are the same, and so standing there it was as if there was no difference between being 15 or 40.
  • awildflower
    awildflower
    Drink what?

Red wine (in moderation, of course) . It's supposed to be good for your heart, as well as your disposition. It makes getting older a little easier to deal with, something to consider when your mid-life crisis becomes the "good old days".

Now I can handle that prescription Dr.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I think it depends how happy you are and if you feel fulfilled with your life so far. I have a feeling of under-achieving because I missed out on many things in life when I was younger that most of my colleagues did, eg, get a degree, have kids younger, have a young persons experience and sex life younger. Now I'm middle-aged and a bit regretful that I was so brainwashed by the JW's that I never did all those things much younger and didn't reach my potential sooner. So with ageing there is a sense my life could have been better, more comfortable by now rather than feeling like I am only just starting out. Its why I feel so much resentment at the org I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit