How do you make a JW vanish?

by Lionel_P_Hartley 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Trisha,

So in the space of a few posts you contradicted yourself. First you claimed protection from AIDS and now you don't. Which is it? Do you care? I'd say that parents with as little understanding of their religion's medical policies, and who are so glibly able to talk of their child's death for a policy that could change next week, should not be allowed to have children.

I find it interesting that if it did change next week, you wouldn't question it - you'd receive it as new light. So, you answered my question:

(i) You treat the GB as inspired and ifallible

(ii) You are UNable to defend your religion using the scriptures.

So, in view of the '65 article you are no better than the Catholics whom you condemn.

Cygnus: I think it's my own buisness who I answer and who I don't. But, to answer yr question, it provides a useful object lesson for any who might be lurking. Further, it seemed for a while that Trisha, even though totally out to lunch, might actually have been considering some points.

• trisha
    trisha

and i see now no one has any thing to say

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Trisha,

How can anyone understand why JWs believe as they do when the best answer you can provide is "the GB told us what to believe - and they speak for God."

• freeman
    freeman

I am not surprised that that YO-YO was unable to provide you with a direct scriptural answer, but don’t totally fault him, he is not alone. Neither can his masters provide such an answer.

Not long ago I challenged a P.O. to provide such proof, from any Bible of his choosing. The stakes were high for him, and he had ample time to prepare (weeks). At stake was one of his sheep, my 12-yearold son. If he was able show the scriptural basis for their current blood policy, (also the shunning policy) I would allow my son to return to meetings again, and if not he would not attend until he was at least eighteen if he still wanted to.

As some of you know and others may have surmised, this well versed Elder was unable to cut the mustard. And why? Because there simply is no scriptural backing whatsoever for saying this component is OK, and that one is not. YO-YO is just going to get himself dizzy running around and around with his circular reasoning and so will you if you chase after him. Truly YO-YO is an example of mind control; so let it stand at that and let each of us thank the deity or non-deity of your choice that we are not a bunch of YO-YO’s anymore.

Freeman

• trisha
    trisha

no what i am saying is there is a protection because the GB advises against it but it is also a concience matter so if u decide otehrwise that is up too u i dont believe the GB is inspired and i never said that i did i believe they do the research for us through the bible gods word the GB dont tell us what we can or cant do they give us advise from the bible what we decide to do with our knowledge is up to us

• ianao
    ianao

So in other words, the shunning and mind control got to trisha and served it's purpose of guilting trisha back into the cult.

--or--

Since one belief is as illogical as the next, trisha finally picked one instead of dealing with reality.

trisha: regarding the "scriptures" you cited, check out the following site: http://www.ajwrb.org/

Take a look at the SCRIPTURAL refutation of your logic. You'd be surprised at what your conditioned eye has missed.

• trisha
    trisha

i have checked it out

• trisha
    trisha

and all ut has been fun i hope u all wake up and see reality some day but my daughter gets outof school in 20 min and i have to pick her up so laters

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Someone should circulate this thread to all the child welfare agencies they can think of and the press - with a copy to the WTS too.

What sort of people could mislead people in this fashion and have the f***** arrogance to claim they speak for God?

• ianao
    ianao

trisha: Try READING the site.

http://www.ajwrb.org/bible/summary.shtml

Not "checking" it out. My mistake for not being more precise.

BTW trisha, I hope you continue to ignore reality and remain asleep. Life just can't be dealt with properly by some people. Some people just need the crutches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit