Oooh, this "article" has left itself WIDE open to some juicy comments.....

by Quillsky 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

There is no one telling Jehovah's Witnesses that they have to believe and accept everything that is being taught to them.

Huh!!!! So what are the Elders, the CO's, DO's the GB and everyone else involved creating control systems actually do?

If you question anything what happens? Oh yeah an investigation is conducted and a JC is formed which could result in expulsion and an enforced shunning by all the "loyal" members.

What a crock of crap this ezine article is.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It might be funny to we who know better but it's actually kind of dangerous false information to have on the internet.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Terry needs to comment on this. You can comment.

• undercover
    undercover

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Troy_Bart_Simon

Who the hell is Troy Bart Simon?

Either he is not or never has been a JW or he's so indoctrinated into the cult of JWs he can't see the forest for the trees.

I'm guessing he's a JW. It's a poorly written article and written too defensively. An objective outsider would at least point out tendancies that make JWs different even if they didn't agree with the cult tag.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Many Jehovah's Witnesses are civil workers in the government, such as principals, teachers, lawyers, nurses, and doctors.

They aren't discouraged from getting these types of jobs, only from getting the education necessary to do so.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    The whole structure of Jehovah's Witnesses is not tied down a specific way, therefore it is able to adapt to society that is constantly changing.

Which explains their constantly changing doctrine and scriptural interpretation.

• zoiks
    zoiks
    Every Jehovah's Witness has a voice, and can suggest ideas to the main leaders. These ideas are read and a large majority of the time taken seriously and acted on.

Huh. I must have missed the suggestion box all those years...

Someone call Carl Jonsson and tell him to re-submit The Gentile Times Reconsidered! Maybe things will go better for him this time around...

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Keyser, ya that's the point that I threw up too and stopped reading.. I rememeber specifically being told as a 7 yearold I could never be a teacher AND a JW.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I looked quickly at the author and thought it said Bart Simpson...

Snoozy..who would never take that article seriously...

• poppers
    poppers

Maybe someone should put some Sidewiki comments on there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit