What's your favorite Canadian band?

by lepermessiah 71 Replies latest social entertainment

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Since we have a lot of Canadian friends on this board, I have to ask - Who are your favorite Canadian bands?

Mine is RUSH. They have been one of my favorite bands ever since I can remember.

They totally rule........The music and lyrics are all top notch.

The other one is The Tea Party - Jeff Martin is a genius. His new band The Armada is cool as well.

Tragically Hip, The Guess Who and BTO are/were good......help me with more names

Please dont say Nickelback - LOL

• dinah
    dinah

Nickelback

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I asked for that one!

• undercover
    undercover

I loved the Guess Who back in the day...and then Bachman Turner Overdrive.

I'm a big Neil Young fan...

• 5thGeneration
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Rush, Nickleback; both excellent bands -but I can't think of any others.

Isn't Brian Adams Canadian? But he's not band.

Ohhh we also have to thank Canada for Celine Dion .

• cantleave
    cantleave

God how could I forget Neil Young?

• Twitch
    Twitch

Big Sugar was a fav back in the day, especially the first release when it was just blues without the pop. But Gordie always riffed out with the best of 'em. I saw the 3 piece perform in a small club just after the first album and Gordie had a Hiwatt and Marshall both cranked. He didn't need PA and it was awesome.

Rush has always been a fav however I didn't care too much for anything after Grace Under Pressure

I like the Hip but they're almost in the Steve Miller bin for me; heard it all too many times. I first saw them when they played a "nooner" at college in '90 before they hit it big. They've always put on a good show.

I like Neil Young's early stuff. Don't care for the Guess Who or BTO so much anymore, though I did like them in my teens.

So many others,...

• dinah
    dinah

Just messin' with ya, Leper.

• undercover
    undercover

Barenaked Ladies...I've seen them in concert, they were entertaining

and we can't forget Leonard Cohen....or maybe we can... I dunno...sometimes I like him, other times he hurts my ears...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit