What's your favorite Canadian band?

by lepermessiah 71 Replies latest social entertainment

• talesin
    talesin

April Wine - being from my hometown, have seen them many times, and actually had Keith's beer with Myles Goodwin once, back at the old "Misty Moon". :D

RUSH

Let's not forget some 70s /80s bands ... two personal favorite, Matt Minglewood Band and The Headpins, but also Toronto, The Stampeders, Chiliwack (sp?), Platinum Blonde, Carole Pope and Rough Trade, Led Zep clone band "The White", and who else? Hmmm, can't think of anymore right now.

t

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Ok, this gives away my age....

PAGLIARO - some sing some dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqsAgtXNlZ0

Barney Bentall and the Legendary Hearts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FApKN6bkmU

• darthfader
    darthfader

Since I already voted for Rush. All I can do is bump this thread and mention that they are touring this summer. It sucks that they are not coming to Arizona. Maybe time for a road trip to Denver.. Two shows at Red Rocks to choose from... woo hoo!

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

The only two that I can think of is Steppenwolf and Chromeo.

• talesin
    talesin

I'm bumping this 'cause I saw Neil Young last year and he is my ROCK GOD!!!!!!

close second, tho' not Canadian ,,,, SIR Paul McCartney ---- I had the priviledge to see him last summer ...

The concert was beyond my wildest dreams!

When he played "live and let die", the stage lit up with pyrotechnics,,,, just like in the movies!

And "the long & winding road" and "blackbird" (he played this one unplugged and by himself onstage) brought the both of us (my friend and I) to tears.

Goddess love Sir Paul!

t

• designs
    designs

The Band, but Canada's best were Gordon Lightfoot, Ian and Sylvia, and Neil Young..........yea Baby!!!!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Always respected Sir Paul. Ha had a big influence on me learning bass: a very good feel and melodic player. Never mind his other talents

• unshackled
    unshackled

Another gem of a thread bump. Leolaia already listed some great indie bands.

My favs...long time Blue Rodeo and Tragically Hip fan. Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, Cowboy Junkies, Great Lake Swimmers. Like a few songs by Rural Alberta Advantage and Said the Whale.

Neil Young

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

A pretty dated sound now but it was good back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvoEY6C5VNA

• talesin
    talesin

How could I forget Ian and Sylvia? tks for reminding me .......four strong winds ... yes, it's a neil song, but they did it awesomely

and Triumph, yah, 80's all the way

nods to local bands include....

sloan and of course , always and forever, APRIL WINE

the Hip is one band I would love to see and never had the chance.

ROCK ON CANADA (RUSH, 1st best heavy metal band in the world,,,, geddy lee, neal pert, 2112 and in the mood)

let's not forget that the biggest music producer in the world is David Foster, Canadian Son.

One of my fav songs from the far distant past is "wildflower",,, check it out on YouTube,,, Foster is the guy in the vid walking on the beach w/ his first wife. LOL

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit