Solving The World's Problems in 30 Minutes

by torn in two son 12 Replies latest jw friends

• torn in two son
    torn in two son

Nope, no Terry here. Just good 'ol Torn In Two. "Heaven", I know I've heard of Permaculture before, I just never knew what it was called until then. Thanks, cool video, it shows a lot of potential so far as lowering CO2 levels, cooling (and feeding!) the Earth, but I don't understand how Permaculture will solve an energy crisis and snap us into a matriarchal society. PM if you've got more on Permaculture and the energy crisis. "MMXIV", well I fully understand your idea, but I'm pretty sure we have something similar happening already. Charles Darwin on Natural Selection has given us the "Darwin Award", and more people are winning them each year. Unfortunately religion trods along, and as "the real life" said, it retards not only knowing yourself, but also opening your mind to new ideas and accepting that past information could be irrelevant now. New Light from the GB doesn't count. "Looking4Peace", naw, i'm not too bright, only a lowly freshman, my brain doesn't fully work quite yet. "the real life", I do agree, knowing yourself as someone different from the norm moves us as a species along instead of forcing yourself into a mold. With more people theorizing and questioning the world around us, we may come to a solution.

Although a beer doesn't hurt either! :D

Torn

• cantleave
    cantleave

Although a beer doesn't hurt either! :D

T.I.T.S I thought you were 14 - too young to know the evils of beer!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Permaculture is a created word from the 2 words "Permanent" and "Agriculture". It is an ethics based design methodology and philosophy used for creating sustainable human settlement using patterns and principles found in nature. The ethics are:

1) Care of the Earth

2) Care of People

3) Fair Share for Everyone

I think you will tend to agree that these 3 ethics are more matriarchal in characteristic than patriarchal. The principles of "Catch and Store Energy", "Apply Self Regulation and Accept Feedback", "Use and Value Renewable Resources and Services", "Produce No Waste", "Integrate Rather than Segregate", "Use Small and Slow Solutions", "Use and Value Diversity", and "Use Edges and Value the Marginal" all look at energy inputs versus outputs. They try to lower as much of the energy input as possible and attempt to maximize the energy output.

One example is, instead of installing water mains, each house becomes it's own water catchment and storage system from the rain water run-off from the roof. It can easily be done and doesn't cost anywhere near what it costs the governments of our countries to install, and maintain the systems as well as treat the water that is delivered to us. Another example is the reuse of "grey" water (ie. the water you use to wash your body, dishes, and laundry). Each household can be designed to reroute this type of water to be used for flushing toilets and/or watering your gardens.

Here is a neat example of a subdivision, Village Homes in Davis, California, where they used Permaculture type techniques in the design: http://www.villagehomesdavis.org/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit