not a JW but believe in jehovah

by boh 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• boh
    boh

hello everybody,

I'm new here. First of all even if i'm not a JW i believe in Jehovah much more than myself. When i was 6 my aunt(she is a jw) has started to thought me about Jehovah. At the beginning the religions things wasn't so impotante for me couse i was so young but as i grew i've started to understand the impotance of Jehovah in my life. I'm not a JW because my father really hates JW. now even if we're living in Italy he's remained a traditional indian man. he thinks that our religion is only the good one. Now i can't neither talk to my aunt cause my father had a discussion with her last year. But i wanna learn more about Jehovah god, cause Jehovah is the only who listen me, give me the happiness and care about me. I pray to him every night and asks him to give me the courge to going on. I wanna learn more about jehovah but it's not always possible for me. Sometimes i go on JW website to read something but not always couse my sisters don't like JW too. Finally i've discoverd this website where i can talk about my love for jehovah. I wanna meet people who can teach me about him aand can listen my probles too. if anybody is interesting this my e-mail adress: [email protected]. It will be a pleasure for me talk to you. Thanks for listening me.

Parminder

PS. Sorry for my not so good english.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Oh oh!. Welcome, wrong website :-)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome, take a look around here and find out the REAL truth.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Boh

Welcome to the forum

....he's remained a traditional indian man. he thinks that our religion is only the good one.

My father thinks that his religion is the only good one, but he has lied to me to try to prove it. He even read John 20:28 to me and missed out the word 'and' because it doesn't fit his beliefs. He is a Jehovah's Witness. He doesn't like other religions. He really wants me to join, but I won't. I can't. It is against my conscience to teach people things that I don't believe myself.

Be careful

Chris

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome to the forum.

You say that you love Jehovah, but do you recognise that is just one term that is used to refer to the Creator? Depending on where you are raised will lead to the name or term by which you will call God or the Creator. You are comfortable with Jehovah because your Aunt has used that with you. If you were raised in an Arabic country you would be more comfortable with Allah. Many Christians call the Creator by the name Jesus. So my point is that if you would like to have a relationship with God, try not to become involved with people that say only their God is the true one and want you to judge others from not belonging to religion.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Welcome , your search about Jehovah on here will show you that your love for him will hopefully be weakened , after all this angry evil God of the Old Testament will soon murder Billions if you believe the lies and failed prophecies from the WTS, far better to come closer to Jesus a far more milder Godhead. Leave the Hebrew God of the O/T alone, he will do nothing for you.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to JWN, boh/Parminder! I am not a JW either but my Father is. It is always difficult when a family is a mix of JW and non-JW. My suggestion to you is to do your research. Do not limit yourself to Christianity. There are many different faiths in this world -- Christianity is only one. Also, define for yourself what Spirituality means to you.

One of my favourite scriptures from the Christian Holy Bible is the following:

1 Thessalonians 5:21: "Prove all things; hold fast to that which is good." - KJV

What is your irrefutable proof that God/Jehovah exists? Most of us here haven't found it. Those that think they have, fail to convince those of us that haven't. Let me know when you find it and what it is. In the meantime, think about this following question:

If we are to become Christian to have everlasting life and not suffer the wrath of God (the one you call Jehovah) as is taught in the Christian Holy Bible, what happens to those who are/have been born, live their entire lives, and die on this Earth without ever having heard of Christ or read the Holy Bible? Like these people below:

(above picture as well as others available at: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2008/may/30/brazil.photography )

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

Welcome Boh!

First off Boh, Jehovah is just the name of the God in the Christian Bible. Some people call him Jehovah, some people call him Yahweh. But he is not only the God of the Jehovah's Witnesses. He is also the God of the Catholics, all the Christians and Jews. You do not need to become a Jehovah's Witness to worship this God.

But I would urge you to do research before deciding which God to worship, if any! After all, it is a very big thing deciding to dedicate your life to the worship of a certain God. You need to be sure that it's all true first, right? So my advice would be to do lots of research into both the religion and the God. :)

• MisfitMeL
    MisfitMeL

Hello Parminder! Welcome to the forum.

I hope you will post more in the coming days. There are lots of interesting topics and threads to read around here. The community is also made up of members from around the world, of different faiths and from various backgrounds and experiences. Feel free to ask anyone questions.

You sound like a genuinely nice person and I hope you will find our association most useful to you! :)

Mel

P.S. I am indian too :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit