How many have you helped 'out?'

by LDH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

After last week's post regarding how many people you helped become a JW, I thought it would be fun to see how many people you've helped become apostate.

I received a phone call from Norway about an hour ago, ( a poster on this board) who tells me that I influenced his decision to leave the JWs. (Thanks, I)We've never met, only been email buddies. The written word is powerful, and many do read these forums.

Hopefully, I'll be able to speak to his dyed in the wool Jdub girlfriend, but for now I'm Satan incarnate as far as she's concerned.[8>]

How about you? Did you help anyone 'out?'
    Lisa

Lisa

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

4 so far, many more to come. (all family, so it was a little easier)

ashi

• Simon
    Simon

I dunno ... maybe things I've said or done have contributed to people's decisions but there are so many factors in something like that it's hard to know. I've shared emails with people who've got in touch bacause I posted comments on Amazon about Franz's books and they've told me how they have helped to get their family out too.

Seems it easier to give 'good' advice to others that works but i can't do it myself - I get far too emotional with my own family.

I think in the end that non of us a really responsible for anyone leaving but like you say, we can all help and contribute.

• Simon
    Simon

ooh wait ... 1 (Angharad) and 2 kids

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey LDH,So who helped me get out?What a good question.First let me say I am niether,DF or DA I could go back no problem(LOL).The ones that helped me get out were the active pro dubs.They were so full of crap and I knew it.I did not want to live the rest of my life like that. So one day I just walked out and never came back.I lost alot doing that,but I have never regretted it.Thanks Active Pro-Dubs..LOL...OUTLAW

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

Hi Lisa,

(You never contact me anymore!! What's up?)

Great topic. I have personally helped a handful of people 'out' although I'm not sure I can really count how many very accurately. I think there are at least 5 people that I could name that left directly as a result of my influence. (When I say that it is because I question whether they would have left otherwise.) There are many others on their way out with whom I've made friendships along the way. You probably fall into that category, right?

Witnesses.net *must* have helped at least some people out, even though I don't know for sure and never will.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Obed!
    Good to see you post here (or have I been missing it all along?) :-))
    Randy Watters

Net Soup
    http://www.freeminds.org

Watchtower Store
    http://www.freeminds.org/sales/menuframes.htm

• Prisca
    Prisca

I helped my cousin to find the "truth about the truth".

• JerryTX
    JerryTX

I helped my two younger sisters get out. Still working on mom and brother.

I was shown the way out of the Borg by a persistent Southern Baptist chap who was out to save me -- LOL -- by the name of Craig Carter in San Antonio, Texas. Was further assisted by: Randy Watters, Marilyn on the Helpline, Ron Frye, Ray Franz, David Reed.

--------------------------------------

"The truth will set you free--but first it will make you damn mad."

M. Scott Peck - "The Different Drum"

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Like Outlaw I decided to just walk away.
    I have spoken with my younger brother and sister some, but I am careful, because she is still a minor. I told her to keep an open mind and to do her research before she decides whether or to get baptised. My brother is almost 19, so I am freer with what I say to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit