The moment I knew it was crap....

by Brocephus 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The moment I knew it was crap.....was 3 months after I woke up and asked ""is this all there is? is this all this faith offers me?"" That is all the time it took for me to come to a conclusion about that faith. That was 5 years ago and I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazingly happy I woke up.

• Heaven
    Heaven

My moment was reading the red "Your Youth" book and another JW article (can't remember the publication) that said a wife has to subject herself to her husband. I knew that as a woman, to be a part of this religion would mean that I was a second class citizen. I also knew myself well enough to know that I could never live as someone's 'subject' (aka slave). To be subjugated means you are conquered, you are enslaved, you are subservient and definitely not living equitably. I wanted something better than this. I wanted a soulmate, a partner, someone who would collaborate with me throughout life. Nothing about the JWs fit with my life plans. Right around this period of time, my parent's relationship was having major league issues as well. "Headship" wasn't working. And my Mom was telling me that after 16 years of preaching Evolution is bogus, she thinks that now there may be something to it afterall. Top it all off with my disagreement with their interpretation of scripture and the complete lack of scriptural backing for some of their wacked doctrines and I decided this wasn't for me.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm with nuggett. I've known about the crap in there for decades but they train you to put all that on a shelf, trust the borg, and wait on Jehovah. Eventually, though, the shelf gets too full and crashes down. I can probably pinpoint the last four or five straws that contributed to breaking the camel's back but there wasn't just one single thing that killed the borg for me.

That said, I CAN say that a single post here killed the Bible for me.

• dinah
    dinah

I never questioned anything they taught when I was young. I never understood the formula they used to come up with 1914.

The moment I knew it was crap came as an adult when I actually read the bible. It made so much more sense without their "explanations" That was when I noticed how they would quote part of a scripture and devote 3 paragraphs to it. I also noticed how they would pick and choose verses that didn't really go together to prove their point.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the revelation book was start of watch tower and gibbering body worship

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Good point Dinah... I remember when I started actually reading something besides the NWT. They can't hold their doctrine up with any other translation.

• dinah
    dinah

I'm having a flashback! Remember how they taught us the 4 scriptures where you can find "Jehovah" in the King James Version?

Good times, good times.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Yup, all in the old Testament as I recall.... Thank good ness the Spirtist x-catholic priest Johannes Greber was appel to chanel the Spirit's for the brothers to provide such great spiritual food for Jehovah's people by inserting Jehovah in the New Testament.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Raised in it so always tried to MAKE it fit!! All the prophecy books made me think but i thought i needed to trust the borg so just put my thoughts to the side. I didn't start questioning for real until I was treated like crap by the congregation i thought loved me!!! after I started to look at it the light just turned on and I'll never turn it off!!!

• highdose
    highdose

found sheep: thats exactly my story completly! then i found JWN never looked back.

Although a small part of me can't belive i've gone from devout JW to raging,immoral "lets get as many out as possible" apostate in a year!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit