The Absolute "Climax" in My Life as ...

by Erich 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Erich,you and I have spoken before,you seem like an honest person.What that elder did was wrong.He is not your freind and if you don`t do something about it he will hurt someone else.AlanF is right,go to the police.I wish you well...OUTLAW

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Erich, I am SO sorry this happened to you. In this case, DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE. That Elder is a criminal and should spend some time in prison for what he has been doing.

Please, Erich, speak to the authorities on this. Most countries have laws regarding scams (and this is what it is) against the elderly.

I'm sure that at the very least you can contest the will. I know that in this country, a will must go through the Probate Court, and the estate remains open for a period of six months, during which any claims against the estate can be made.

This Elder is using his position and the JWs natural fear of "bringing reproach on Jehovah" to further his own wicked ends. HE is the one bringing reproach--not you.

Please keep us informed.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Erich; how utterly horrible for you; I'm so sorry this has happened.

You have to contest the will, if this is possible under Austrian law.

If you can find evidence that the piece of dirt Elder is doing the same with other old people, or has done, it will make your case much stronger, and also hopefully stop him inflicting the same grief on other families. But gather the evidence carefully so as not to alarm him.

All the best.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• nelly136
    nelly136

this is horrible, ((((erich)))
    I really hope you can find the strength to
    get this matter looked into, before this
    man fleeces more vulnerable people,
    makes you wonder how many others have ended up living
    in poverty at his hands, whether he's lining his own
    pockets or the borgs he needs investigating
    nelly

• Erich
    Erich

Hello all,

Many thanks to every single post, esp to scully and JT who sent me e-mails !
    Thanks for your encouragements, for consolation and sympathy !! I do realize now that I have friends hereā€¦.I didn't expect this at my first postings on this board...;-)

Today I discussed the matter with my family. We don't know currently how to proceed in this matter. Meanwhile I do not trust to elders or Co's or DO's in this case.

I heard a rumor today that the mentioned ELDER co-operated with a far-related cousin of my aunt (female, non-JW of course) who was known as thief and swindler all around. My aunt had never contact to her during 35 years(!!). She shunned her for well reasons... But from the time when she was laying in the nurse-room in the wheel-chair (invalid and with having mental dementia), she abruptly was around !

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Erich,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am in agreement with the other posters who advise you to speak to the authorities. My thoughts will be with you. Please keep us updated.

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• Scully
    Scully

Erich writes:

One month later I tried to sue against the elder at the court. My wife forbid it. "Never sue against an elder", she said, "this will bring disgrace on Jehovah".

Dear Erich,
    I know I have addressed this with you in private email already. Please let your wife know that Jehovah wants you and her to do the RIGHT THING. Please seek justice from the "Superior Authorities". This "elder" has already brought enough disgrace on Jehovah. He needs to be stopped before he does it even more.

We all support you at this awful time.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

My goodness I cannot believe this! How terrible!! Erich, you have my deepest sympathies. But I agree with the others. This must be reported to the authorities as as possible!!!

Andi

• Dino
    Dino

seven, thanks for keeping this to the fore.

Erich, you must feel terrible right now. I am sorry to hear of you not only losing your aunt but being your dear loved one taken advantage of.
    I realize that you are hurting right now, but perhaps by taking action you will save others from this predator. I dont know all the details, but if you have one elder that you can trust, have him call the legal department in Brooklyn. If they think for one minute that you are going to go public with this matter, you might be amazed at the results. And once again, this would keep your wife appeased.
    In my opinion, if you handle this right you will honor your dear aunt's memory.
    That might end that con-man/shepherd's game.
    Im appalled at what happened to you at such a stressful time and you have my condolences.
    Dino

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

I have no words to say how this situation makes me feel.

My heart is with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit