Indiana "Religious Freedom" (right to discriminate)

by Simon 274 Replies latest social current

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    You would think the president of the United States could invoke some sort of constitutional rules or laws into effect to prevent the Indiana Governor " Dickhead " to not be able to pass such prejudiced laws.

I think this is the job of the Federal Judiciary and it will probably come to that, and from what I can tell the issue is not central to Indiana or Indiana's Governor. It looks to me like the issue as stake has come about from legislative actions crossing Democratic and Republican parties and over a period of several years.

Out here in California there has been some jerk off attorney trying to get passed in legislation to " kill gays and lesbians ".

I heard about that but have not followed the story. Whoever is behind this thing must be a bona fide kook of the first order!!!

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Okay. What is your position on a Miss White USA pageant? Is this a fine thing or should courts assert punitive measures to cause such discrimination based on race to cease?

"Simply ask", not continue to ask the same poorly worded question.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Viviane,

Your style of communication is why I posed a question to you in the first place. You accuse, you complain, you distort, and worst of all you avoid. I don't understand why anyone does any of these things. When someone has a question of me that is remotely relevant they ask and I answer. That's how it should be.

As recent as a few minutes ago you said if I wanted to know your position then I should simply ask. So I asked your position of something and you respond by avoiding.

If someone wants to know my position by asking me a question I don't get to frame the question.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

A gay couple are making a car trip across a long stretch of unpopulated dessert. The driver had figured he had enough gas to make it to his destination but sometime into the trip realized that the air conditioner was lowering his gas mileage. So he pulls over to the nearest gas station which is the last one for 50 miles.

He goes to the gas station attendant to fill up his tank. The gas station attendant refused him service because he and his partner look gay.

• violias
    violias

He goes to the gas station attendant to fill up his tank. The gas station attendant refused him service because he and his partner look gay.

that would be very foolish of the gas station attendant . If he really hates gays, why does he want them hanging around his town? sell them the gas and they leave.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ violas,

"that would be very foolish of the gas station attendant ."

Foolishness defines such people.

"If he really hates gays, why does he want them hanging around his town? sell them the gas and they leave."

You have somewhat of a point there but the scenario is sufficient to make a moral point.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You accuse

What, specifically, did I accuse anyone of falsely?

you complain

What, specifically, did I complain about?

you distort

I quoted you directly.

and worst of all you avoid.

I've avoided nothing.

I don't understand why anyone does any of these things.

Nor do you. In one sentence, you've done most of them and failed to show where I did any.

When someone has a question of me that is remotely relevant they ask and I answer. That's how it should be.

Agreed. You're aware that when you ask me a question that makes sense, it will be. No one is stopping you from doing that but you.

As recent as a few minutes ago you said if I wanted to know your position then I should simply ask. So I asked your position of something and you respond by avoiding.

I did tell you simply ask. I didn't however, avoid anything. "Simply asking" doesn't mean re-asking the same poorly worded question that doesn't make sense over and over.

If someone wants to know my position by asking me a question I don't get to frame the question.

I've never told you how to frame the question, no idea what you are complaining about.

• Simon
    Simon
    C'mon, let's not argue about 'who killed who'
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Today my neighbor was putting in shrubberies to make a two level effect, all I want to do was say "Ni!"
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    Does someone have a quote of Jesus supporting homosexuality? He defined marriage as between a man and a woman. He had lots of opportunity to speak against bigotry but he didn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit