Was Jehovah God Ever Real To You?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• boyzone
    boyzone

I really tried to love Jehovah, after all I was told I had to. But somehow I never managed it. I guess thats why I loved the greatest man book, it kinda spoke to me.

I reckon lots of brothers and sisters liked that book.

• highdose
    highdose

Jehovah was very real to me all my life. Then one day i found myself about to end it all and i realised that if Jehovah was there that he didn't care about me. Then i discovered this site and stopped beliving at all.

I think it was just my imagination though, there is no god out there. No prayers/talisman will help me like hard work and determination.

No god is up there watching and condeming me for everything i do, i'm free.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Boyzone

Sylvia

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Yes, however, he was always distance and I could never get close to him. It was only through the scriptures that I felt I was close to him in my mind. I never really knew him, only what I kept reading about him in the Bible. I feared him because of pain of death and what he could do to me. I wanted to live forever in paradise for me and my family.

I could not accept the command to love him, how could you be commmanded to love someone under pain of punishment if you do not love him. Wouldn't that take away my free will? Also, how could you love someone with whom you did not know or have a relationship with? So the command to love him was a problem for me to understand.

And so, I lingered on in the hope that some day it would all become clear to me. 33 years later it has. None of what I thought to be true about him is true, it is all man-made history. Yes the Bible is real, but, it is just not from him.

Today God is not real to me.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

You see, in reality, "Jehovah God" is a pretty mean petty God. He exacts perfection (almost). He gets pissed off and destroys people! It's hard to love and "properly" fear such a personality!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Reality is subjective

• minimus
    minimus

Blueblades, I think TONS of people remain JWs hoping they'll get it, that reality about God.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Mini, I think that tons of people remain in the religion of their culture throughout the world for the same reasons. Seeking an escape from death and wanting to live for an eternity with God. Sooner or later many come to realize this will never happen.

Blueblades

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

No he was never.

Who created HIM,

Who are his brothers and sisters,

Why is he so angry,

Why does he only care about 7 Million people out of over 6 Billion?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Was Jehovah God Ever Real To You?

As real as the ghost I kept under my bed whilst growing up to be a gladiator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit