you should not have to choose between your religion and family ! (awake mag quote)

by looloo 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Thanks AwSnap!

• besty
    besty

passwordprotected discusses this article in detail here on excellent blog series on freeminds

http://freeminds.org/blogs/watchtower-teachings/shunning-double-standard-july-2009-awake-hope-for-shattered-families.html

• besty
    besty
    I left the JW set up and managed to get rid of my religion and my family at the same time

Nod. A useful trick to pull off, but only for the pyschopathic and expert grade apostates. Stable minded faders need not apply.

• sacolton
  • Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

Lol. I brought this article up with my mother. Her response:

"You don't actually think this applies to the Society, do you?!?!?!"

• undercover
    undercover
    "You don't actually think this applies to the Society, do you?!?!?!"

You can't argue with that. Seriously...you can't.

That's the mentality of most JWs when it comes to this article. This article is aimed at people wanting to leave Christendom and join the one true religion. Try turning the logic and reasoning of this article on the religion that uttered it and this is the typical response or thought. It doesn't apply to the 'true' religion. And our bringing up only re-inforces their stance and frustrates us.

It' been said before...and it's true; until someone wants to look for a way out, they're never going to accept any argument, logic or evidence that proves their belief system wrong.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Besty! Great link-thanks!

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

This really pisses me off. Yesterday I got a package in the mail from my mother with two JW books in it. No note, no letter, just the literature. Next time I talk to her I am bringing up this quote. It won't do any good, but maybe for one split second she'll see the hypocrisy.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

you should find a jw in your area who has the actual magazine. then you could send your mother the 2 books back along with the article

• startingover
    startingover

The hypocrisy is beyond words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit