Gordon Brown's baby has died

by Simon 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Very sad.

Whether you like or dislike him as a politician you have to admit that he did look genuinely overjoyed and 'proud as punch' at the birth of his little girl unlike some who appeared to see such events as a photo opportunity.

Sadly, she was quite premature and I've just heard on the news that she has died.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Politics move aside when it comes to losing a child.

I am very sorry to hear about their loss.

closer

• Celtic
    Celtic

Ai, hearing this on the news earlier touched me too. As Simon said, this politicians face a few days ago was quite literally beaming with delight and it was good to see this natural side of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Very sad news and my heart goes out to both of them.

May baby Jennifer rest in peace

• Englishman
    Englishman

Poor little girl, what a shame for the parents too, I have never seen Gordon Brown look so happy when his daughter was born.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• lydia
    lydia

My heart goes out to him and his family - that is a loss that is indescribible.

prayers to them..

• LB
    LB

Every parents worst nightmare. I don't even let such thoughts cross my mind when it comes to my kids.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• teejay
    teejay

I'm with you, LB.

If my daughter died, my life would be over. It's the worse kind of tragedy. Nothing but my sympathies to the Browns.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Our youngest son was 6 weeks premature, and I was devastated. He was taken to another hospital, and I couldn't leave my bed for four days, because of the emergency C section I had. It was awful. My baby survived, but it was the worst 10 days of my life, until we knew he would be okay. Now he is 22, 6'2", and got married last summer.

I feel for the family of little Jennifer.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• ISP
    ISP

Let me tell you of something I heard at the weekend when I was out with my neighbour. We are going to see a play soon with his brother-in-law who is a Dr. in a few weeks. Anyway he told me of an experience his brother-in-law had whilst working in a maternity ward. The policy of the hospital was to let all births of 26 weeks or less die without any attention. He helped 'deliver' a child that was of this age. The baby was blue and wasn't breathing. They put the baby in a box and left it. It was moved by a nurse who told him that she was sure she saw the baby move. He had a look and noticed that the baby was trying to breathe. It was choking and trying to cough. He immediately asked the nurse to get a blanket and he gave the baby heart massage. The baby turned pink and he said he wanted to take the baby to the special baby unit. He was told by another nurse that there was nothing that could be done due to the age of the baby. It was sure to die and it was the policy to let babies die. He said that he was going to do what he could for the infant. He personally took the baby to the baby unit. Remarkably the baby SURVIVED. The hospital had to change its policy. The 'baby' is now an eighteen year old girl. She probably doesn't know how close she came to not been given a chance. The matter made the papers at the time and the Dr. was mentioned. As I am out with him soon I should be able to post the press articles if you like. He kept the articles.

ISP

• Scully
    Scully

It's quite amazing how far we've come in a relatively short timespan in treating premature babies. The smallest one I've worked with had a birthweight of about 500 grams (a little more than 1 lb).

The most premature baby to have survived on record was born at the hospital where I work. He was born at 20 weeks gestation, about half the normal length of pregnancy. He's now a robust 14 year old.

I'm sad that this baby didn't have the same happy outcome. It's always such a tragedy to see parents go through everyone's worst nightmare. My heart goes out to them.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit