Why do people say the god of the bible is Omnisciencent?

by Elsewhere 96 Replies latest jw friends

• superpunk
    superpunk

I don't think quantum theory applies to God.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I don't think quantum theory applies to God.

OK, so he just made it to keep us humans confused?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Wrong about what???

Wrong about Adam choosing to sin. If God looks into the future and see that Adam chooses to sin and then Adam in fact doesn't choose to sin, God would be wrong.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God's omnisicence is that God knows all the POTENTIAL putcoems of our decsions, but WE still get to choose which ones we make.

God is outside our time/space continueum.

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL at Sir.

NVL, you're saying that if God looked into the future and foresaw Adam's sin, then Adam was required to sin?

If that's your premise, why?

Sylvia

• superpunk
    superpunk

OK, so he just made it to keep us humans confused?

God (if there is a God) would exist outside the spectrum of the things he could create. If he's subject to physics and such, then he couldn't have created them - they would have had to exist first.

If the irascible God of the bible exists, I wouldn't put it past him to create completely nonsensical things just to screw with us.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    snowbird: I'm saying that YHWH knew that Adam could sin; He also knew that Adam could not sin.
    I believe YHWH was hoping Adam would not.

How does an all knowing god, who allegedly created Adam & Eve - hope?

Hope is for wannabes, gods are supposed to be divine. A creator knows how his creation will perform, otherwise he has failed. (Check out Toyota's liability for the failure of its creation and subsequent deaths)

Sounds like your creepy garden God is as confused and illogical as you.

• superpunk
    superpunk

God's omnisicence is that God knows all the POTENTIAL putcoems of our decsions, but WE still get to choose which ones we make.

God is outside our time/space continueum.

I have to call BS. If knowing possible outcomes is omniscience than we're ALL omniscient most of the time.

Having discernment and foresight is a long way from being all-knowing.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

While I understand your point, I don't think Sylvia does. You'd accomplish as much, and far more efficiently, if you just walked up to a brick wall took a lowball, filled it with Laphraig and smacked your forehead against , drank it and repeated it 8 or 9 times.

FTFM. And I think she is doing that on purpose.

This is saying that everything that happens in the universe of the future is precisely predictable if you knew an initial universe state and knew the universal laws of physics perfectly.

So you're saying, for instance, I put a cat in a box with a vial of airborne poison and use some totally random method to break the vial, such that I would not know for certain if the vial had broken until i looked in the box....

I do, but at the same time I'm aware of my limitations in understanding the big picture.

It's a simple question....

• JWoods
    JWoods
    If the irascible God of the bible exists, I wouldn't put it past him to create completely nonsensical things just to screw with us.

Ah - you mean like that tree of "good and evil".

I know some fundamentalists who think that dinosaur fossils are like that - no real dinosaur existed, God just put them there in fossil form to fool those stupid evolutionists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit