Five Things You May ‘Know’ About Marijuana That Aren’t True

by Elsewhere 69 Replies latest social current

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

LSD amplifies, strengthens many aspects of the mind. Someone would like to try some, sometime. But shrooms hit the same neuroreceptors, and the trip is usually 2 hours shorter. Long travels into other regions can be exhausting.

BTS

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well since I am user of many different psychedelics and but mainly now ayahuasca, I cut down my MJ uses quite a bit,,because of the ayahuasca when i smoked pot my eyes would roll up in back of my head and I would start reliving many past repressed experiences, I cut way down, I could always do my work well it just was a pain in the ass and I was as they say about those repressed memories: I was burning up the repressed memories or refiling them take your pick I'm not a 100% sure on that one.

I think MJ is very therapeutic,, both for the mind and body, music is great to listen to when your stoned and making music is enhanced. I suppose it helps creativity in many people but perhaps not all. It's true we pot smokers usually work less we are more laid back after smoking some good weed.

So heavy weed uses in some people like myself slows me down and I get less accomplished and may not be that good for the economy but sometimes you need to slow down and for those times it is good. But if I want to get work done then I lay off the pot to a few puffs every couple of days.

• moshe
    moshe

"But if I want to get work done then I lay off the pot to a few puffs every couple of days." For an independent contractor that is OK, but I spent too many years as a maintenance electrician following up behind mellowed out coworkers who just couldn't analyze how to do a speedy electrical/plc repair on the line- and it was costing the company $2000/minute downtime. After awhile they would just step over that worker and come and get me from another department. So I lknow my opinion of pot users has been tainted by a negative experience with them.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah smoking pot for some type of jobs may not be a good idea, my short term memory gets shot, and so i might repeat something unnecessary. Some types of jobs it may not matter or even make it easier but that is something each one needs to use good judgement on.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I use it for sleep. I'm an extreme insomniac and I've tried every pill and when that didn't work I drank alot. Pot does it's thing and I sleep with no hangover. The pills gave me a hangover and I had to get 8 hours or I was ruined in the morning. Coming home late meant no pill.

I do have back problems which the symptoms have been improved lately.

Memory has improved because I can sleep.

I don't smoke because I fear Carbon getting in my lungs. I use a vaporizer.

This should be legalized and taxed. Amazing how many budgets would get balanced with that tax

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am pro legalizing pot. I hate that we waste so much tax money fighting it. Stop already!!! In Oregon, I could become legal for it in a day.

I will however say it is a gateway drug. For when you buy it illegal, you have to by it from some jackass drug dealer who is more then willing to open the way for other drugs. Make it legal, and thus we get tax money, regulations, etc.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

regulation is what I want to see. Regulate the source, the delivery, and the taxation.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm all for government to stop treating it citizen like they are our mother and let people who want it get legally but easy on the taxes just tax them as any other item.

As far as regulations go I say we don't need more motherly type of government that gets into your private life and personal freedom. If it don't do that then I'm ok.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The regulation I was thinking about was making sure that illegal pot, grown south of the border, (or lately north of the border), from Mexican Mafia is what I wanted to see prevented

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I agree that Medical marijuana does some people good and I am glad that some have legalized it,(For medical reasons) but I sure wouldn't want someone using it that was going to work on my house, car, or me in a operating room!
    Nor would I ride with them in a car (Hopefully they won't drive) or allow them to babysit any kids I may have.
    It is a mind altering drug and it can limit and/or change the way you handle /do your physical activities..

It isn't the harmless little drug that (pot)smokers try to say it is.

(pot)Smokers should be responsible and use caution if they want to smoke Mariijuana...

I shutter to think what would/could happen if it were legalized.

As long as they act responsible they can smoke(pot) their little brains out...

Snoozy..and of course this is just my opinion backed up by facts...lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit