Five Things You May ‘Know’ About Marijuana That Aren’t True

by Elsewhere 69 Replies latest social current

• moshe
    moshe

The only way to defintively determine the effects is pot is to populate one large metropolitan area with 100% pot smoking adults. Then we will find out just how productive they are, how safe of the drivers they are, how good of a job your pot smoking doctors and dentists do, how law abiding the pot smoking citizens are, etc. My personal opinion is that pot smokers are parasitic citizens, in that they don't pull the same equal load in society as non-pot smokers, but they like to enjoy the same benefits and get high, too.

• Twitch
    Twitch

like functioning alcoholics?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My personal opinion

thanks for making it clear that is only your opinion!

• lisavegas420
  • FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

"Parasitic" is a stronger word than I would use, but I tend to agree with moshe. So I'll repeat:

[...] we will find out just how productive they are, how safe of the drivers they are, how good of a job your pot smoking doctors and dentists do, how law abiding the pot smoking citizens are, etc. [...] they don't pull the same equal load in society as non-pot smokers, but they like to enjoy the same benefits and get high, too.

That being said, if cigs and alcohol are legal then marijuana should be as well. I do not believe it is more dangerous. Also, it's criminalization was based on racism not because of it's side effects.

• recovering
    recovering

Criminalazation is a totally different issue than health concerns. I merely am opposed to its' chronic use due to health issues. To be honest I think much to much money is spent by criminilizing its' use. Not everything that has bad effects on your health should be criminilized ie fatty foods.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Someone smokes some 2-3x a month lately. It plans for it, and partakes of a few puffs privately.

Let it tell you, it is awesome for its creativity, it helps me it in its work, it helps it get good ideas.

I write. I brainstorm. I look for subtle interconnections, parallels. I try to build compelling, entertaining, stories.

It makes me more productive.

I think it is really a helper if used with good judgement. I think most things have their place.

BTS

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

BTS-

Let me tell you, it is awesome for my creativity, it helps me in my work, it helps me get good ideas.
    I write. I brainstorm. I look for subtle interconnections, parallels. I try to build compelling, entertaining, stories.
    It makes me more productive.

Some people have similar effects with LSD.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Some people have similar effects with LSD.

And psylocybin. AKA Magic Mushrooms. Never tried Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, though. But Mushies? They've helped a lot with undoing the evil spell of JWism. But that is strong juju. Only use 2x a year. Maybe 3x. And carefully planned.

BTS

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Nine drawings done by a man on LSD, check it out!!!

http://www.cowboybooks.com.au/html/acidtrip1.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit