I cried when I saw this video...

by Butterflyleia85 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yeah, I suppose it could stand a bit of updating. Leonard Chretien, however, did put a lot of effort into this film according to his interview with Randy Watters. I would like to see an update with people like Barbara Anderson and the individual who founded silent lambs adding their take to it. Of course, we would still want to get Raymond Franz and Paul Blizzard in there as well.

• observador
    observador

This video not only has very good contents, but it is also very well produced. It's worthwhile to even order a DVD copy of it from goodnewsdefenders.com, if you want to keep a copy of it around to show to anyone who might benefit from it (only 6 bucks).

It was a video like that that I once saw on a public community TV channel and helped me open my eyes. At that time, I had never seen on TV a calmly presented, rational discussion of JW doctrines and their social effects.

It's definitely a keeper.

Observador.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Very interesting, marking.

So happy to be out of this crazy cult...

Albert

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

That's a really powerful video, thanks for linking

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have just watched all 7 parts of this on youtube. A great documentary made in 1986, I wish I had seen it back when it was made, it would have saved 23 years of life wasting work for a man made organisation.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thank you TTE!! Yes it puts it into reality when we see real life suffering!

• skywho
  • Sighco
    Sighco

I love this video, it really healped my wife and I wake up when we first saw it.

Any tips on getting a jw to watch it?

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Ha welll if you find out let me know too! I guess I had a couple JW watch it when I posted it on my facebook! Make sure you didn't make them as the bad guy but be humble about it and act kinda clueless... like wow have you seen this, is this true...

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

When I first saw this I wanted to badly to make an updated version of it. I can't do it alone! It just looks too outdated as it stands and contains unecessary Christian propaganda at the end that makes the viewer think "oh my gosh this could be biased". I am a freaking awesome video editor - anyone want to collaborate?

I would want to add the Great Pyramid of Giza into it. The second Beth Sarim (whatever it was called I forget). Focus on why 1914 is so crucial to the Jehovah's Witnesses and give an easy to understand explanation of 607 B.C.E and the end of gentiles. This video now as it stands is very powerful, it just honestly needs to be updated.

Oooh! Also while I'm dreaming about it adding a section on the truth about carbon dating and a non-dogmatic micro-evolution lesson would be wonderful to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit