Snowicane....snowmageddon...

by rebel8 35 Replies latest jw friends

• leec
    leec

I haven't seen a snow flake - literally - in 5 to 6 years.

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's hard to tell b/c there are snow drifts at my house, but I'm guessing we've gotten 3 feet. The snowbanks are around 6-7 feet. Plows didn't come around for 2 days so I was stuck at home.

And it's still snowing.

The media isn't really saying much about it. They don't mention it much unless we win a national award for snowiest city (which we've won many times).

We've got a fireplace, stockpile of food, and a generator.

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to hide some Watchtowers in the basement for the GT.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Something is not right and maybe these are not naturally occuring events. Two nights ago the sky here was very very weird. In the southwest the sky was a strange color of red. I have seen red skies before, but this was different. The color was artificial. A naturally red sky would have some variation in color. But this was a heavy solid color unnatural shade of red. The strange thing was that when I looked north east, the sky was a natural mid evening blue.

Are some of these abnormal events actually being contrived? They are not called magi for nothing.

Rebel 8...throw a rice bag in the microwave (a little rosemary in it is nice) and keep your tootsies warm.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Good idea. It's still snowing!

I'd tend to think one instance of snowfall isn't evidence of climate change, but rather the trend is. We are getting, on average, more snow here because our weather patterns travel over the Great Lakes, which aren't freezing as much. That means storms collect more moisture and dump it on us.

I don't know what would be the cause for the weird sky? Pollution?

I'd tend to think a god wanting to make his might known would do something extraordinary, like show his face, vs. just painting the sky a little different.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Send US some of that snow, dammit!!! We - here in Colorado - KNOW what to do with snow!!! Besides, I still haven't been able to go snowshoeing from my front door, yet, this winter... Zid [GOOD snowshoeing takes at least two feet of snow...]

• rebel8
    rebel8

You can have it.

I haven't been past the mailbox in 3 days. I'm going crazy.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Why don't you look at seed catalogs? That's what I do in snow and cold weather.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooooo - Kaay... it took a while to find this thread again, but...

For those of you who DON'T like snow, I would STRONGLY recommend that you DON'T move to Colorado!!!

As shown below... Keep in mind that this is a suburban area approximately 30 - 40 miles from the mountains, as the crow flies... And is part of the biggest city in Colorado, too... NO SNOW REMOVAL on suburban streets, btw...

2003 Colorado Snowstorm...

• ziddina
    ziddina

More of the 2003 Colorado snowstorm...:

And more... By the way, that's a six-foot fence...

And more... That's our neighbor's malamute - and even SHE'S having trouble with the snow depth!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

More of the 2003 Colorado snowstorm... That blue spruce in the photo - that's a 20-foot-high tree, pushed over by the snow...

That's me and Sheeba - trying to get OUR footing in the deep snow... After I'd shaken off the tree to save it... We lost some BIIIIG branches on our other trees, btw...

And another shot of our street - in the opposite direction...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit