Snowicane....snowmageddon...

by rebel8 35 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's been snowing heavily since last night and I'm unable to leave my driveway.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/02/national_weather_service_upgra.html

Roads were closed because it was so slippery. That never happens--this is the tundra! (I am in Upstate NY.)

Predictions, which were not based upon pyramidical measurements , are that in 1914 1975 2000 this afternoon there will be hurricane-force winds combined with slick roads and torrential downfall. Must be Satan!

Snowicane. Snowmageddon.

We get around 100 inches per year and even I think it looks like an episode of Twilight Zone out there.

Maybe tonight I'll dream the world is too close to the sun.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

WOW your average is 100 inches !!! WE have already gone ten inches over our usual amount of snow this year ,but that is no where close to you . i saw the news today showing the predictions for your area ...hope you bought groceries and have firewood ready ....

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

keep us updated YOU'LL know it is snowmageddon when you lose the internet !!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

The snow in Scotland this winter has been much worse than usual - plenty of snow everywhere.

So much in fact they have had to close some of the ski slopes - 2 people died yesterday in Glencoe in an avalanche.

I blame global warming myself..........

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's been snowing all day here. More snow for tomorrow. I think February is trying to make up for the rest of the winter that really hasn't been here in Ontario.

• shamus100
    shamus100

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's plus five celcius here, sunny, and wonderful. I'm going spring skiing on Sunday, and plan on getting a tan. Nyeah nyeah nyeah nyeah nyeah!!!

Sorry, but it's not often I can do that.

God bless El Ninio!!!

• freydo
  • recovering
    recovering

I ent to work in NYC Today, it was snowing very very hard. Left work to return home to Conneticut and driving snow turned to just rain as I crossed the NY / CT border . It was a bit surreal actually.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Here in Texas nobody knows how to deal with any amount of snow. That's why poor smucks like me have to freeze our asses off plowing it all up into piles for them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Global warming? Maybe turning your heat down to 55 o in the winter, your air conditioning to 84 o in summer, driving 45 MPH, banning all decorative lighting and having security lighting, and banning all TVs and computers will be the answer to all this widespread snow--after all, it is not just the Southeast and Mid Atlantic regions that seem to be running below normal temperature this year. It is also in China, Europe, and everywhere I can find temperature reports. And, I have not found any 98 o readings in Bangkok yet this year--which is right in the tropics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit