How many have left your congregation ?

by leo999 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• yknot
    yknot
    yknot lol your congregation is visibly falling apart.

Yes from the original 102 but we had a major, major populaton boom of already JWs moving in about 6 years ago just shortly after the Nazi PO 'resigned'.

While we have not 'merged', I can see why the WTS is merging congregations if others too are experiencing such decline.

Our population boom is reflective of our counties growth which I think was the third largest in the state at the time.

BTW we are the only KH in three counties.......

All other 'nearby' congregations are about 40 miles away......

• oompa
    oompa

i cant keep up...but i went to a post wedding reception/party recently...the couple was about 30 and both dfd....she used to work for me and my son is 24 and has many friends in common with them and i have a few as well..........great party btw....but there were 38 exdubs out of about 100 guests....it was nice to be part of such a small club there.....oompa

• cantleave
    cantleave

At least 20 in a congregation of under 100. There have been 5 recruitments from public - yes the growth heartening!

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

I'm out since 1999, but I know in my time a lot of young baptised and non babtised JW's between 16 and 25 left the congregation.

one of them is still my best friend.

• alanv
    alanv

It depends what part of the world you are from. Certainly in Europe they are leaving as fast as they are coming in. However in good old USA there was an apparant increase of 4%. (how did that happen?)

• leo999
    leo999

Wow , thanks so far . I know it is hard to keep up , but this is so many more than I ever would have dreamed , after listening to all the encouraging reports we hear . No wonder they are worried . If you dont know an exact number , please try to estimate as close as you can .

I added together the folk totals that we have mentioned and it is 90 . Oompa and heartofaboy , can you give rough numbers ?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I don't know of anyone besides me who has left..I don't keep in touch with them.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

increase of 4% in the US? now that is funny. our numbers have stayed the same over the past few years. however, we have had many jws move in. the ones that have left were either df or faders mostly. a few moved out to another congo. but what is interesting, never has there been a replacement of new ones. just current jws that moved. so the loss of numbers has to be somewhere in the mix. where the increase is coming from is something that i am sure the yearbook will not point out. i would love to see the breakout of in/out by age groups.

• sherah
    sherah

I live is a large NE US city and i'm in proximity to 3 KH's. ALL of the congregations in these halls have merged, thats about 9 becoming 4 congregations in the last 2 years. My numbers are not exact. But many are leaving and not coming back esp in the 16-35 age range.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

In the past two years.....

Myself and Hoboken, Passwordprotected and his wife.. Ninja, my mother, Judge RutherFRAUD.....

My very good friend and Dianne and her two daughters have left...all baptized and never going back. A mother and daughter left together a few years ago after learning of UN involvement. My sister. A brother from kirky cong. and another from Bish. cong who wont be going back....but have since learned the truth of the org.

There are more from our sister congregation who have also left....an elder and his wife. think hes on this forum.

There are also at least 3 who are conscious but cant leave for various reasons.

Thats about 21 in total, but is only the ones I can remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit