How many have left your congregation ?

by leo999 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• leo999
    leo999

Hi Everyone ,

There are many new folk joining here everyday , and I thought it may be interesting and fun to just see how many people have left the congregation that you have attended in the past 5 years . I dont mean of course people who are active JW's moving to another cong , but people that have left the WT religion , faded , DA'd or DF'd .

So , I will start off with my own cong .There have been 9 leave , 8 completely gone , myself hardly ever there and ' inactive ' .

Leo999

• leo999
    leo999

Let 's keep a running total here , as everyone posts , add on the total from the last poster .....thanks Guys .

Leo999

• teel
    teel

In my 10 active years I've seen 6 DF in the congregation, and an additional 4 who I presume are DFd, and I missed the announcement (never was too close to them, that's why I don't know details). One of the DF was our old PO... rumor has it that he chose to support his son, who was put in jail at the time. And there's also me, so that's 11

Also I have seen a grand total of 1 person (not from the above 10) "returning to Jehovah's loving care", or whatchamacallit.

Edited to add the numbers: 9 + 11

TOTAL: 20 so far.

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Teel: How could someone be DF'd for simply supporting their son while he was in prison? Was he expected to disown him or something?

• yknot
    yknot

Since 1995............and not counting recent boon of 'moving-in JWs

Of a congregation of about 102....

40 left (DFd, Fade)

19 died of old age

42 remain but 18 couples are our parents leaving only 6 of us born/raised. Of that 6 only two are married to JWs (lol- each other!) and UBER.

• teel
    teel

bulgogiboy: not sure if that was the reason, it was just a rumor. He was DFd not long after I came to the cong, so I didn't even know him that much, but I think the boy was never baptized, so it was not a case of supporting a DFd person. The rumor said something about actively defending his son's deed - which also I don't know what it was, I even heard he killed someone, but I doubt it, I've met with him not that long ago, and he's free. The whole rumor might be the product of imagination, given the two events happened close to one another.

yknot lol your congregation is visibly falling apart.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I really wouldn't know now at all, it's been 17 years since I set foot in the hell hole

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

leo999

It isn't easy to state accurately how many have quit the cult that attended my last KW, which had around 90 publishers I think.

I DAd in 2003. That led to 3 other immediate family members following suit (another son was DFd earlier the same year I quit).

I know of just one other prominent family that took action to quit. They account for another 5 truly decent individuals. I suspect that there are others, but my wife (who's still active) hasn't informed me of any.

Given the opportunity, I'd always seize it to do my best in trying to enlighten JWs with the express hope of freeing others them from the incredibly damaging mind-control. My efforts are currently solely dedicated to freeing my wife.

lifelong humanist

• blondie
    blondie

I haven't attended for 10 years and don't talk with jws much or keep track of those who have left.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

There used to be 80 in my congregation, now the Sunday attendance averages mid 20's.

Some have moved away but most have just faded as I am doing.

The pioneers, all sisters, have faded.

The congregation is really struggling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit