I Went Back To the Kingdom Hall

by Clint Bussey 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Clint Bussey
    Clint Bussey

Last year I went back to the Hall while even though I was disfellowsipped 9 years ago and never intend to get reinstated. I went back to talk to all my friends and relatives and blantantly ignore the disfellowshipping policy. I chose to go to my JW parents hall where they are in "good standing" and regularly attend meetings as they ingnore their son. What's strange is that many of the witnesses talked to me and they knew that I was df'ed. When the elders asked if I wanted to return to Jehovah, I simply stated that I already had. After visiting my parents hall I visited many other halls where I had friends and family. At one hall I was asked to meet with the entire elder body because they said my presence at their hall talking to the "friends" was disturbing people. I talked to them and told them that I do not believe in disfellowshipping and I was here to see my old friends and relatives. They threatened to call the police, but I refused to leave. Anyway, I have posted a couple of videos on youtube relating my experiences. Check this one out, the elders really acted like fools and I never left the hall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNg1cpzSXts

• shamus100
    shamus100

Clint,

Let them go. You're young, handsome, and you have your whole life ahead of you. You don't deserve that kind of treatment, and they aren't worth the time of day.

BTW, love the beard.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Beware, I think the monkey likes you! Watch, soon he will ask you for a kiss.

I like how you use their own rules to make them uncomfortable and uneasy. The only thing is that after you are gone, the elders will hound and harass and threaten all of your friends and family that talked to you. Hopefully many took notice that elders are just untrained men who can really have no power over you if you don't let them.

• yknot
    yknot

I disagree with Shamus

I think you are doing what is right for you in a very thoughtful and deliberate manner.

I don't think it would be such a bad thing for many DFd to consider doing if they are inclined and can remain calm.

I have always been a big fan of the power of positivity to drawl and encourage others.

I look forward to you sharing your Memorial experience.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Clint-

You rock!!

• dig692
    dig692

awesome clint! you are so right, you don't even have to do anything and they will cause a scene and look stupid doing so. great experience!

p.s. totally sick beard!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sorry Clint but at the end of the third video the anger and hatred you felt became evident in your face and voice. I swear it was a striking transformation to behold. It almost was a "Mwahahahaha" moment. I agree with others. The initial novelty of "how ya'doin" will wear off and they won't speak with you again. There will be a talk given to the congregation on not talking to DF'd folks and they will all fall in line. You will be a guppy ramming the sperm whale with your head trying to take him down. Move on. This will not undo the WT, it will only make them circle the wagons tighter. Most others who are DF'd have accepted that their WT family are on their own. Good luck. W.Once

• mama1119
    mama1119

Wowzers. I am torn between "move on" and "way to go".

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Clint: "When the elders asked if I wanted to return to Jehovah,"

What are they...the damn Gatekeepers?

Clint:" I talked to them and told them that I do not believe in disfellowshipping and I was here to see my old friends and relatives. They threatened to call the police, but I refused to leave. "

That certainly makes it sound more like a private club (secret society) than an "open to the public" place of worship.

• nugget
    nugget

How do you feel now you've done it? Do you feel the need to do it again or was once enough? Once has impact more than once and the sheeple will fall in line with policy.

Dfing is bullying I agree, it is cruel and brutal. If someone wants to return they will do so, if someone chooses not to then treating them as if they don't exist isn't going to help change their mind. It makes JWs appear heartless and fanatical and what is worse unchristian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit