Why does the WTBS hate sex so much?

by highdose 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It comes down to CONTROL.

The reason religions focus on Sex and Food consumption is because they are fundamental to human survival. The human species cannot exist without them.

If you can control a person's sex life and/or what they eat, you can control everything else in their life.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If you can control a person's sex life and/or what they eat, you can control everything else in their life.

Correct.

If you can exert control over soemthing that is 100% NONE of your business, imagine the control you have over people.

Why, you can even tell them that allowing their child to die when they could be saved is OK !

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I've been bangin' from every angle for 30 years and then it's all but shut off...lol

• Gerard
    Gerard

It is not that the GB hates sex", but being a primordial function, this cult exploits it and turn it into a guilt-generating thought.

• Terry
    Terry

The Governing Body wants to DISABLE individuality. Individuality is self-expression. No self...no expression of self.

Personal desire leads to expression of personal desire. If you are under Group Control you are not a PERSON. You are a drone ( a "slave".)

Personhood is de facto rebellion from Group Control.

A soldier who gets a bad sunburn, for example, can be court-martialed for destruction of Government Property!

A cult member is Governing Body property.

Remember pre-Enlightenment when Women were PROPERTY?

They were not allowed to own property or enter into contracts or inherit.

The same is true Post-Enlightenment in cults.

Cult members are Property who are non-persons and non-individuals with disabled self-expression which includes DESIREs of a PERSONAL nature.

The best tool used by religion to control HUMAN DESIRE is attaching GUILT as a STOP-SIGN.

Interposing a TABOO between a person AND personal desire inhibits self-expression and destroys the individual by undermining WILL.

The Watchtower maintains Catholic Church ownership executive power structure control over its membership.

IF the Church (Governing Body) does not bless your efforts on their behalf you are automatically consigned to a position of danger (i.e. liability to punishment).

There exists in such an Authority Structure only three possible stats you can achieve.

1.Compliant usefulness in carrying out assigned missions. (slave status)

2.Danger/Threat (under suspicion of free will acts of self-expression)

3. Enemy (Heretic, Apostate, Evil Slave who must be denied, decried, destroyed and labelled for others to avoid and abuse.)

In summary: Where there is NO SELF there can be no SELF-EXPRESSION.

• Heaven
  • JWoods
    JWoods
    Did not CT Russell have a celibate marriage?

Knorr, also, I believe I have read. Rutherford was estranged from his wife and had close ties with at least two other ladies. Franz was a lifetime bachelor who made friends with a few special Bethel boys - how good of friends we can only speculate.

I think given that track record of leadership on the subject, I would just make my own decisions on the matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit