Why does the WTBS hate sex so much?

by highdose 36 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Because if you enjoy it and it's really good, people tend to shout OH GOD!!!!, and well that's just blasphemy.

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

Stephen Fry summed it up for me when he said that certain religions "...are obbsessed with sex in the way that an anorexic person is obbsessed with food."

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Robdar said....

I do not know of any modern day church that condones sex except within the confines of marriage. Care to enlighten me?

There are many mainstream religions that welcome unmarried couples to attend their church, no matter what the status of their sexual relationship or living arrangements.

Often they kindly or actively encourage the couple to marry rather than living together unmarried, but you don't hear of them calling the couple into a kangaroo court to request details of their sexual acts, and you definitely don't hear of them then reading an announcement from the pulpit that is secret code for "nobody is to say a greeting to the unmarried couple".

I personally know MANY couples that lived together, had mucho sex, before getting married in a mainstream church by a mainstream priest or pastor or preacher. I've attended some of these weddings in beautiful churches.

Most of these couples talk of the pre-marriage counselling they received, and by all accounts it focuses on creating a good marriage and living a loving life as a couple, rather than witch-hunting premarital sexual activity.

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Wow! Well said Quillsky!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

poopsiecakes , you are just hilarious!!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Have you seen the movie Chocolat? The chocolat is so yummy and sinfully tempting, and forbidden.. and it becomes the obsession of the preacher-man, he eventually just cant take it anymore and he is found one morning passedd out lying in a wonderfull mess of chocolat decadence, dripping from his mouth...its great!! wouldnt it be just fab to hear of the letting go of the sex-suppression. It is one of the pleasures in life, for crying out loud!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Did not CT Russell have a celibate marriage?

Bangalore

• fokyc
    fokyc

They tell me there will be "NO sex in the new system"!

So I suppose they are getting ready for that, then they won't miss it!

fokyc

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

Sex is the central cause of anybody's existence and hence the most important aspect of our lives. If the WTBS can control that...

it makes there job easy.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think I will stick with the Devil. And Jesus--both made efforts to free mankind up from this kind of crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit