Why does the WTBS hate sex so much?

by highdose 36 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

now i know they try to control everything and pretty much ban anything. But sex seems to be somthing they can't stand and would like to get rid of completly if they could. So many articles and so much conusel about not having sex or having anything to do with sex from any angle at all. I don't see them doing that with other things like alcohol, etc.

So what would be so wrong with allowing sex like other modern day churchs do ( and probably have happier members)???

• Robdar
    Robdar

I do not know of any modern day church that condones sex except within the confines of marriage. Care to enlighten me?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's not just WT.

I posted this video on another thread, but it relates to this topic, so here it is, again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5vxPP5DmfU

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Children of God. They also condone sex with minors.

I don't think I'll ever see a Christian religion that is not on the fringe condone sex outside of marraige. What I do find very odd is the facination with masturbation from the WT. Even the songs spoke about controlling your body members. So now u have all these JW's who can only have any sort of sexual gratification within the marraige.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, there have been at least 3 Watchtower Presidents (I personally think 4) that were really kind of on the fringes about sexual ideas.

At least one of them reportedly proclaimed that his marraige was celibate.

All have been repressive about sex (even inside of marriage).

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The Bethel Boppers are not getting their oats so they take it out on those that like nut crunchies!

• nugget
    nugget

Sex is in direct conflict with the societies aims and teachings. They state that it is better to remain single and devote your life to God. Even if you are married it is better not to have children in this system of things. Remember none of Noah's sons had children when they went into the ark. The time is short blah, blah, blah.

The only other function of sex is pleasure and something with that sole objective is always positioned as bad by the WTBTS. After all pursuit of pleasure may lead to experimenting in things that they would consider unclean.

This means there really is no place or purpose for sex within the organisation. To help followers they try to make it as unpleasant and guilt ridden as possible so that the act is better avoided.

Perhaps the writing committee don't get enough themselves and want to stop everyone else having any fun.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, there is plenty of scriptural basis for condemning sex outside of marriage. But I would think the other [possible] reason is that sex is a powerful thing. It's one of the most powerful drives in nature. If you hunger for all power, as the Society does, it is only logical to attack a threat to your power, anything that could be a more powerful force in one's life than the authority. Anything that doesn't make people more enamored with 'the organization' is going to be seen as bad news. If you can't even hug your spouse during a prayer, doesn't that tell you that's what it's about?

--Christopher

• Heaven
    Heaven

The WTS doesn't want you having sex because that means:

A) You're not out in Field Serve-Us.

B) You aren't attending the meeting(s).

C) You aren't at a convention or assembly.

Therefore, sex is completely against what the WTS really wants you to be doing.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sex can lead to having children. Having children means there is less money for donations and less chance that the religion will be named as a beneficiary in a will.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit