How Would You Define a 'False Christian'?

by leavingwt 33 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

On another thread, a Christian used the phrase, "true Christian".

This got me to thinking, how would you define a "false Christian"?

Thank you,

LWT

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

A false christian is anoyne that SAYS that Jesus is their lord and saviour but doesn't believe it and does the opposite of His teachings.

There is no such a thing as a "true" christian, if a person believes that Christ is their lord and saviour and they follow his teachings, they are Christians.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

If he was dressed as a gladiator, I would be suspicious!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Is it important for Christians to have a specific belief about Jesus Christ?

Some say Jesus was just a great man.

Some say Jesus was just a prophet.

Some say Jesus was an angel.

Most agree that Jesus was the Son of God.

... but how important is it to understand the identity of Jesus for Christians?

"I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am, you will indeed die in your sins." - John 8:24

So, it is important for true Christians to have a specific belief about Jesus. Our salvation depends on it or we "die in our sins" as He said.

Did Jesus have the power to forgive sins? Yes.

But only God can forgive sins! Exactly.

So, true Christianity is the belief that Jesus was fully man and fully God.

Can a Christian just believe that Jesus was the "Son of God" / "Son of Man" be enough?

Not if they don't accept Jesus was God in the flesh. Even the demons knew Jesus was the "Son of God".

"Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ." - Luke 4:41

If just knowing that Jesus was the "Son of God" was enough ... the demons would be saved? Of course not. Demons didn't worship Jesus either.

Teaching that Jesus was nothing more than an great man, prophet, archangel and attaching "Son of God" as a label doesn't make you a true Christian. You must identify Jesus Christ as your Lord, Savior and God.

"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." - John 5:40

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Bible makes it clear , and defines true/false Christianity as a matter of the heart and honesty in belief, rather than the specific beliefs that you follow.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Someone who calls themself a Christian..

Accepts something or someone,other than Jesus as thier Mediator..

And..

Follows the words and example of someone other than Jesus..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• sacolton
    sacolton

PSacramento, so Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are true Christians?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

[a 'False Christian]

That is redundant.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I think that a false Christian is anyone who claims to believe in Jesus as their savior but ignores his basic teaching of love your neighbor and uses their belief to belittle and abuse others.

• Terry
    Terry

how would you define a "false Christian"?

Implants!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit