Adam wasn't a ROBOT----so damn what??

by Terry 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Adam was never a baby cradled in his loving mother's arms.

Nobody sang a lullabye to him or tickled him just to make him smile.

Adam didn't grow up with brothers and sisters and a playground or a teddy bear or sitting around a family dinner with loving conversations.

Adam wasn't GIVEN by God the things we take for granted as minimum requirements to normalize us.

This is what makes the Genesis account so cold and unloving on God's side of the argument.

Adam had no friends.

Adam never played a game with companions or sat around a campfire and sang a song.

Adam never grew up with music in his ears.

There was no art or literature, poetry or encouragement.

Whatever humanity IS---wasn't there for him to shape him.

His was a cold, empty, loveless existence until Eve appeared.

Eve had no mother, sisters or family life as a child either.

Eve had never been cuddled by her mother and lovingly encouraged to BE or Do anything.

Adam and Eve were raw humanity with nobody to say to them "I LOVE YOU."

The decision to eat of the fruit (offered by the only companion he ever knew beyond some disembodied voice from the sky) was a HUMAN decision.

Whatever humanity he possessed was by DEFAULT.

God made Man what he IS.

No choice involved.

Not really.

To say Adam was not a Robot is not really saying anything great about what he WAS as God made him to be.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

We all break down into two groups.

Group 1 -- They believe a naked woman, a talking snake and a piece of fruit are responsible for the unimaginable suffering of billions of humans.

Group 2 -- They believe that $hit happens.

Take your pick.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

All good points....so what if Adam had not eaten the fruit?

What if all of his offspring were also "obedient" for 10,000 years?

But then some humans finally decide to make their own decisions. To actually think....to figure out things for themselves....gasp....even begin to "SIN" then what Jehovah?

Weekly executions for sinners? Gotta maintain a "clean earth." But what about free will? What about choice?

The big problem with JW theology and "paradise earth" is that there are only two choices. Either there is no free will (Jehovah programs everyone's brain to only worship him with no ability to "sin") or there is free will, and then in their vision of paradise, people will eventually sin. I mean you can only pet lions and pandas for a few million years before you get bored and move on to something more interesting.

• spawn
    spawn

Leavingwt

Group 2 works for me

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If Man was created, he was created with a sense of curiosity and a sense of wanting to know things and learn from his mistakes.
    To create an ignorant man and woman and insist that they obey without question- that would have been the very definition of "unfair."

• JWoods
    JWoods

There used to be a great amount of debate over whether Adam had a belly button.

Technically, a case could be made that he would not have needed one.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    We all break down into two groups.
    Group 1 -- They believe a naked woman, a talking snake and a piece of fruit are responsible for the unimaginable suffering of billions of humans.
    Group 2 -- They believe that $hit happens.

Take your pick

Only 2?

What about this group:

They believe that there is more to life than just existing, they believe that humans have a potential for great good and great evil, they also believe that whiel we may know how we have changed into what we are, we don't know where we came from or where we are going, but we WANT to find out.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I guess if you take the story of Adam and Eve literally, you would be absolutely right. I look at the Adam and Eve account a bit differently, I guess. When I read Genesis now, I see God’s revelation to man about how our creator lovingly nurtured us from babyhood to adolescence to adulthood then on to maturity. (I’m not sure just where we are on this evolutionary path today.)

Man evolved right up to a particular point. Then, the "God gene" kicked in. At this point in time, man was ready to be transformed from just another animal living through instinct into the kind of creature that could interact with his creator on a more intellectual level.

Choosing a mate became more than just grabbing a desirable female and mating with her. It became a deeply spiritual thing, a personal choice based on love and devotion to another human being.

The fruit may possibly represent the stage where humanity realizes on a deeper level that actions based on one’s choice, free will, have consequences. None of us are purely good or all bad. We all have temptations and desires and sometimes our own insecurities, curiosities, drives, ambitions, and weaknesses, allow us to indulge them.

We learned that all actions have consequences.

• Terry
    Terry
    Choosing a mate became more than just grabbing a desirable female and mating with her.

"Eve, you're the only woman in the world for me."

Some choice!

• JWoods
    JWoods

You forgot about Lilith, Terry...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit