Adam wasn't a ROBOT----so damn what??

by Terry 22 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

This is true. We define ourselves by our relationships to others. Adam probably defined himself completely by his relationship with God and Earth. Both nurtured him, communed with him and he with them. He probably spent at least 100 years naming all the animals. And...what is in a name? It probably required a study of the creature and a closeness to it to give it the right family, genus, species name. He had to form a relationship with each to call it what it was. He had to get to know them intimately....like family.

God had a reason for giving this "work" to Adam. It was part of Adam's development and nurturing. When Adam was finally ready for a mate, wow! God must have given him the ultimate in Eve because Adam looked her up and down for the first time and in total awe and admiration poetically said, "At last...Bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh!" His Father must have totally beamed with love at giving him this gift!

I have read the scriptures through various eyes. Like any good book, you read between the lines. Sometimes you have to read several chapters before you begin to put the real story together. Sometimes you miss the little nuances and want to read the book again. Sometimes character development is interwoven and interconnected and you miss the fullness of a character the first time around. I believe God's love was abundant and complete and when Adam disappointed his Father, Adam mourned his mistake. He was sick that he had failed his Father's trust.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

the only companion he ever knew beyond some disembodied voice from the sky

Assuming a literal Genesis account, this is incorrect - it is recorded that God walked in the garden - that's why A&E hid. If this was so, then there may have been a living/loving/learning relationship between God and Adam and Eve.

We can't project what we perceive as our needs to develop as humans onto lives from the past whether real or imaginary!

And if this is so, the robot theory falls flat.

• Terry
    Terry
    And if this is so, the robot theory falls flat.

Which robot theory?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit