Historic Turning Point After Century in Brooklyn, Watchtower Pulls Out of Heights

by Dogpatch 62 Replies latest jw friends

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

here's my $5

• Babyruth
    Babyruth

The World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses is exiting Brooklyn, NY andmoving to Warwick, NY.

QUOTE:

"We have submitted a proposal to the Town of Warwick to build a complex
    there that we're calling the World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses,"Richard Devine told the Eagle Tuesday. "We have started the land use process thehttp://brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=5&id=33726

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Only a NYer can begin to truly imagine the value of the land. They never fit into the sophisticated, upscale neighborhood. People did not diss them for their beliefs. If anything, their outre beliefs were commended. The plastic flowers were too much for the neighborhood. Delegations of community groups begged them to display fresh flowers. It pulled down a neighborhood of stratospheric property values. I believe residents even offered to pay but the Society was adamant.

I always like to believe that being exposed to the diversity and sophistication of NY had some effect on Bethelites. A smidgeon, a soupcon. They are better suited to where they are going.

I'd love to know what triggered this change. Many people in the NY/NJ/CT area will rejoice when they depart. When I ride the subways, I could spot a Bethelite from a mile. They dress weirdly and have strange body language. Others dress conservatively. There is a zombie factor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit