Persons you Admire

by Terry 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    My Son. He loves me, eventhough I suck as a father.

You have the power every day you are alive to change the world in some personal and meaningful way.

I am the father of 7 kids. It has been a progressive experience.

I started out lousy, too.

You live...you learn.

Love your son back and BECOME a great father.

I was reared without a father. There is no point in my life when I would not have welcomed him into my life.

He thought it was too late because he had missed my childhood.

I travelled 1500 miles to find him when I was 25 years old. I had to let him know I CARED.

Remember, it is never too late as long as you both are alive.

I speak as a son. I speak as a father.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sophia Scholl - she was a member of a pacifist group in Munich in 1943 called White Rose. She lived by her convictions that Hitler was stoppable if the German people could only see the reality of his hatred. She was executed by guillotine with her brother and another for distribution of leaflets at Munich University.

Tecumseh - His vision and bravery against all odds of creating an Indian Nation only ended with his last breath in battle in Ontario, 1816.

Mother Theresa - Her charity toward her fellow was not blighted by religious prejudice which has blinded so many of her brethren.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Diana Rigg - My childhood fantasy in The Avengers

Terry - An inspiration

Russell Crowe - Why Russel Crowe? Oh try and keep up!

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Charles Darwin: for being one of the first people brave enough to publish a book laying out the evolutionary theory

Susan B. Anthony: pivotal in the women's rights/suffrage movement

Galileo Galilei: for standing up for science against the Church.. and losing his life for it

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    Galileo Galilei: for standing up for science against the Church.. and losing his life for it

He was brought before an inquisition and found "suspect of heresy", made to recant his belief in heliocentrism, and placed under house arrest, but he was not killed by the Catholic Church. IIRC he was friends with the Pope at the time.

Off the top of my head I'll go with:

Carl Sagan

Teddy Roosevelt

DaVinci

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Actually there was a rather interesting arguement that was made by Aristotle that if the Earth revolved around the Sun then why is there no measurable parallax of the stars. There is but the stars are just so far away noone could measure it until relatively recently.

Oh yeah, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

lillian hellman her book scoundrel time, phil ochs for his song "I ain't marching anymore" robert heinlen two books "stranger in a strange land" and "the moon is a harsh mistress" and max yasgur for woodstock

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    He was brought before an inquisition and found "suspect of heresy", made to recant his belief in heliocentrism, and placed under house arrest, but he was not killed by the Catholic Church. IIRC he was friends with the Pope at the time.

You are correct, I should have said he nearly lost his life. I still admire him for standing up to the Church. He did partially recant, but it was still brave considering. Oh and he was also a great scientist, I admire him for that!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Zeth Wheeler -- In 1877, he began selling perforated toilet paper on a roll.

George Martin -- He was indirectly responsible for some of the world's finest music.

Unknown -- She invented beer.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jesus Christ-Because he brought peace to my life.

My Wife- I know no stronger and more loving person.

My children- I admire them for the love and grace they show everyday, for how they love without conditions and all the lesson they teach me everyday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit