Persons you Admire

by Terry 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Name three persons you admire and why.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

My Dad - because he loves me, cares about me, and always gives me the best advice (example - Never do anything you could't do if I was watching). He is also lots of fun and he taught me to love nature and traveling...

My Brother - because he always danced to his own drum... In a quiet not "in your face" kind of way.

My Boyfriend - because he always says exactly what's on his mind - no matter what the consequences.

If you meant three famous people then - Jesus, Joan of Arc, and Albert Schwietzer - basically for the same reasons as above.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My oldest daughter because she is kind and wise

My youngest daughter because she is perceptive and passionate

My oldest brother because he loves unconditionally

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

1. Elsewhere
    2. Elsewhere
    3. Elsewhere

Because I am AWESOME.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Mary................for her expertise in information.

Blondie..... for her dedication and posts.

And to all the super friends I have met on the board!

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

My Old Man - Because he WAS the man

King David - Cause he stood for what was right, was loyal and got more tail than today's rappers

John Wayne - Cause he was the man that my Old Man wanted me to be (and became - sort of - I'm better lookin)

• shamus100
    shamus100

Che Guevera - for his drive and ability to lead by example.

Leonard Cohen - he's just cool.

Jesus Christ - the one that lives in Paraguay. Hell of a nice guy - runs a little store that sells treats and bottled water.

• dinah
    dinah

Keith Richards, for still being alive.

My Dad for being sane.

My best friend for not being exactly sane.

• Terry
    Terry

When I was a boy:

1. Hopalong Cassidy (I liked the black outfit, the two-gun holster and the terrific horse (Topper).

2.Tarzan (Great yell and those vines were dandy for avoiding traffic jams in the jungle.

3.Lash LaRue (I had to have a whip like his. Later on, Indiana Jones stole the idea!)

As a Teenager:

1. Thomas Edward Lawrence (I identified with his alienation and admired his intellect and fortitude)

2.Orson Welles (an outsider genius much maligned, misunderstood but incredibly gifted)

3.James Bond (I carried a shoulder holster and gun (blanks) under my suitcoat at the Kingdom Hall.

As a man over 40:

1. Isaac Asimov (he wrote about 400 books under every category except philosophy and psychology)

2.Jose Raul Capablanca (perhaps the greatest natural chessplayer the world ever knew, bon vivant and diplomat)

3. Richard Feynman (Nobel prize winning physicist who wrote "What do you care what other people think?" and "Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman)

As a man over 60:

1. Ayn Rand (incredibly rational philsopher, novelist and screenwriter).

2.Karen Armstrong (you can't help but learn something fresh on just about every page of her books.)

3.John Barry (wonderful composer of memorable filmscores who influenced my desire to compose and play music.)

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Leonardo DaVinci. The greatest man ever lived

Raymond Franz. A man with great courage, that without knowing saved my life

My Son. He loves me, eventhough I suck as a father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit