I'm Thinking of Becoming Canadian

by AllTimeJeff 76 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you want to become Canadian, you have to end nearly every sentence with "eh" ! Sometimes, make it a question instead of a statement.

"I'm thinking of becoming Canadian, eh?"

You don't actually have to say "aboot" instead of "about" but it wouldn't hurt, especially on the east coast of Canada.

You have to embrace FRENCH or else hate it. NO MIDDLE GROUND THERE.

Switch to Molsen or Moosehead Beer.

You need to love that maple syrup, I think they love macaroni and cheese also.

Rumor has it that they are poor tippers also.

I am just saying to help out.

• shamus100
    shamus100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jWSwX9FLGA&feature=related

You also need to start watching Kenny vs. Spenny.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

We have enjoyed extended visits to Canada and are planning another later this year. A wonderful place!

I came across this site just yesterday that may interest you, Jeff:

http://plutochronicles.com/

This Is My Story

This page created February 1st 2010

Leaving the USA

Back in 2005 I announced publicly that I was leaving the United States permanently. I used to get some pushback about my decision; an accusation that I wasn’t going to stay and “fight” for a better America.

But in the clarity of 2005, I discovered that I don’t want to be a part of American history. I have no interest in fighting for America. The people here are good, hard working, and genuinely deserving. But on the whole, they’re dangerously ignorant and easily duped. They’re too uninformed to understand complex political and social issues, but they vote on them, often against their own survival. They are armed with deadly weapons and quick to use them to murder others. They’re broken beyond repair and that’s not going to change in my lifetime — which is all the time I have left.

Getting Out — Your Guide to Leaving America

This is one of the books I bought in 2006 that helped get me started on getting out. It presents an overview of the expat process and touches on permanent emigration. The review, below, is excerpted from Publisher’s Weekly.

“There is valuable and comprehensive information here for a wide range of readers, including a globe-spanning country-by-country guide on how to immigrate-including Old Europe standbys as well as a number of countries in Latin America, Africa and Eastern Europe — with helpful sections on visa and residency requirements, acclimating to foreign culture and how to earn a living, as well as a handy list of online resources.

• sir82
    sir82

Don't you have to prove you can eat a whole plate full of poutine in order to get your permanent residence?

• dissed
    dissed

Okay Mary, we had a reverse Canadian situation, but like yours.

Recently, some Canadian friends, now retired from the Circuit work called us, wanting to stay with us, in our home in Arizona while on their vacation.

Obviously, we thought, they had not heard of our former JW stance.

Not wanting to be controversial, we told them we would be out of town. "We'll they would catch us on the way back then." Fortunately, we were gone when they did came back through.

They left a message, they came by the house, but missed us. (Our Xmas decorations were not up yet, lol)

My nephew told us later, they were well aware of our stance and probably wanted to help us come back. Sweet of them, no?

• dissed
    dissed

And don't they say Gehovah instead of Jehovah?

• Twitch
    Twitch

What is a "North Dakota?"

It's Sioux for "land of the missile silos"

;)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning ATJ!..

Your going to make a great Canadian..

You Like Molson Canadian Beer!..Thats a dam good Start..

We don`t have any problems in Canada,that can`t be solved with a beer..

Your going to have to learn to say "Eh" at the end of every sentence..

If a French Canadian tells you they want to seperate from Canada..

Tell them to go ahead and not come back,until they can speak proper english..

They can leave the poutine here for Lady Lee(Greasy frys with gravy and cheese)..She loves the stuff..

I think She`s looking for an early heart attack..

Fortunately we can solve that problem with a beer..

It won`t help Lee,but we will all feel better..

LOL!!..

We have 2 seasons here..Hockey and Summer..

We drink beer watching hockey,talking about hockey or waiting for the next hockey game..

And..

We drink beer in the summer..

Getting into Canada is no problem..

When you get to the USA/Canadian Boarder

Complain about the price of gas in Canada,how the Canadian Government is screwing everthing up

And..

How you can`t wait to have a Real Beer..Not that watered down stuff in the US..

Canadian Boarder Guards will just wave you through..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Heaven
    Heaven

You have to learn to and love to BBQ in the winter.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You have to learn to and love to BBQ in the winter.

Absolutely!!..

I BBQ year round..In the winter it can get to 30 below zero..

I`m out on the covered patio,cooking on the BBQ..

And..

Enjoying a Molson..

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit