What it means if JW's are wrong??????

by omerp 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Everthing you hate about the WTS is present in some form in the RC church.

What does the Catholic Church have to do with the WBT$ ?..

Nothing..

The WBT$ loves to point out Catholic problems..

Pointing out Catholic problems,does nothing to solve WBT$ problems ..

It`s a sorry way for the WBT$ to justify doing nothing,to solve WBT$ problems..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

All organized religions are in it for the money to a certain degree. Same crap different smell. But even then, some are better than the WT in the sense that they don’t hide their financial affairs from their members; or at least they don’t claim to be an infallible organization.

Today I watched a PBS documentary on Martin Luther and the reformation movement. It was interesting to see that one of the things that disturbed him was that the catholic was more like a corporation than a church “Martin Luther was especially troubled because some church officials gave people the impression that they could buy their way into heaven.”(http://weuropeanhistory.suite101.com/article.cfm/martin_luther_and_the_reformation).

As I was watching the video, I couldn’t help but to noticed a lot of similarities between the Catholic Church and the Watchtower Society. For example, Martin Luther made a pilgrimage trip to the Church in Rome, hoping that he would achieve a deeper sense of spirituality and closeness to God. He was soon disappointed, when he realized that the church was nothing more than a corporation, and that the officials where not men of God but a bunch of cold businessmen. I thought of the many bethalites that faced the same reality when they worked at the head quarters.

You can find the video on this link: http://video.pbs.org/video/1379546586/

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What it means if JW's are wrong?

There is no "IF" about it.

Don't believe me? Tell me when they were RIGHT about anything that matters in human affairs.

Farkel

• villabolo
    villabolo

Omerp:

My question is, if they are falseprophets, etc... then what they said about the Catholic Church should be suspect also. Maybe they are one of the true churches along with others.

Not necessarily omerp. Just because Hitler says that the Earth is round doesn't mean that we have to adopt a contrarian view and say that it is flat.

Shamus:

Jehovahs Witnesses are way worse than the catholic church. Some people get transfixed on this nonsense and freak out.

You were way worse than a Catholic, let me assure you.

The Catholic Church in general in it's modern form is much softer than the JWs. Historically, though, the Catholic Church has a long history of atrocities. That it doesn't anymore is due to the fact that historical factors have disempowered it.

As far as our having been way worse than Catholics that depends. There are Fundamentalist Catholics which are pretty gnarly and exclusivists like all Fundamentalists (which include JWs).

villabolo

• Heaven
    Heaven

What it means if JW's are wrong??????

If? That's funny!

At any rate, to answer the question.... It means that 7 million people are wasting, damaging, and destroying their lives and the lives of those who care about them for absolutely no good reason.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

omerp: I believe the devil is alive and well and also active in the hearts of men and women in all denominations!

And there was me thinking it was just heart-burn!

• designs
    designs

Gladiator- you caught that one too. Somebody needs to read their Talmud

• VM44
    VM44

There is no "if" about it!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses are not Christian--they take the Bible out of context. They are not even Paulian, again because of the way they twist the meanings of words to fit their needs.

At least the Catholic church is softening up quite a bit, and they are trying to clean up their pedophile problem instead of sweeping it under the rug.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We're never wrong.

It's just how the R&F understood things at that time, prior to receiving new light.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit