Assembly/Convention Rules

by IMHO 36 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

I am sorry Mr Falcon I was but a lowley sister and didn't realise they had to be trained to hold a sign. It is very worrying to think they couldn't work it our for themselves. Lol

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I am sorry Mr Falcon I was but a lowley sister and didn't realise they had to be trained to hold a sign. It is very worrying to think they couldn't work it our for themselves. Lol

HAHAHA I'm glad you mentioned this. One year, because of a "shortage" of qualified brothers, the Assembly Overseer and the CO thought it would be a great idea to give sisters attendant badges and sit them near doorways to keep kids from running around staircases. Needless to say, this caused quite an uproar among the older folks. Curiously, though, the old women were the ones who were most upset...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The best rule I can remember is when we went to the DC in North Fort Myers back when they fed us. There were a number of ponds around the site with a few alligators. They made a daily announcement - "don't feed the alligators."

Good advice, but funny.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Curiously, though, the old women were the ones who were most upset...

There's no mysoginy like female-to-female mysoginy, Falcon.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

this is true. so bitter. You'd think that someone spit in their faces. Practically calling it blasphemy.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Also, please add this rule: no sleeping in cars during the assembly.

Ok ok, so maybe this was never a formal annoucement, but one I got busted for while attendants were roaming the parking lot.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

FirstLastName, this was always a grey area at our conventions. I've seen attendants harrass ANYONE who dared enter the parking area during the session. And I've seen attendants (myself included) that minded our own business. You want to sit in your car? Whatever.

I don't see what the big deal is. Your car seat is probably 1,000,000 times more comfortable than a stadium seat which is designed to only be sat in for 2-3 hours MAX. Plus they transmit on FM, so in theory if you're lucky you could score a comfortable hotel across the street, lay in bed and listen (if you really wanted to waste more time).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit