do jws cheat on their taxes?

by rockmehardplace 33 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I disagree with all your religious rhetoric about wicked governments soon being destroyed and this causing JW's to feel they can freely cheat on taxes.

Maybe you should study human psychology then, to comprehend what I'm saying.

I didn't say the entire body of JWS are proficient tax cheaters, what I said is by virtue of the WT indoctrination,

it persuades people to cheat and disrespect their local governments.

Cheating on paying taxes to SOME JWS is perceived non compliance to these wordily organizations.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Maybe you should study human psychology then, to comprehend what I'm saying.

I didn't say the entire body of JWS are proficient tax cheaters, what I said is by virtue of the WT indoctrination,

it persuades people to cheat and disrespect their local governments.

Cheating on paying taxes to SOME JWS is perceived non compliance to these wordily organizations.

This thread may be better served by you studing how to express your convoluded thoughts in writing better and perhaps seeing a psycholgist as to why you feel the need to vilify JW's as tax cheats when you have nothing to support this view with.

Think About It

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

when you have nothing to support this view with.

I support this view on actual experinces.

Sounds like you still have some devoted heart strings to this organization that

you are not willing as of yet to admit.

Most likely my experience may not have actually have been your experiences, this may be so.

Now is my social psychological suggestion totally wrong, with absolutely no merit ?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There are 7.3 million JWs - lets say half dont pay taxes at all - that leaves about 3.6 million. Lets round that down to say 3 million. Lets say 0.0001 % dont pay their taxes - incredibly small % that is 1 in 10,000 -which leaves 300 JWs who dont

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Lets clear the air on this !

To say that JWS don't cheat on their taxes anymore or less than the greater population is just untruthful.

To say that JWS in general have little respect or reverence to local or federal governments,

because of their indoctrination would be quite accurate and truthful.

This is what makes being a JWS is partly about.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Sounds like you still have some devoted heart strings to this organization that

you are not willing as of yet to admit.

I made a clean break years ago and do not have to resort to vilification of the group to resolve any deep seated emotional problems. Have you considered therapy? I refuse to resort to vilification and untruths of the group when it is unnecessary and yes, I will defend them on that if needed.

Think About It

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Dagny said:

There are deductions that can be used if you claim to be a minister. So she may well be within the law

If she was a Ministerial Servant or higher on the JW class list she could claim Minister status but her being female, that's a tad unlikely.

Policy may have changed but circa 1986 the Society ruled that any brothers not Ministerial Servants could no longer claim a ministerial defence for failing to do National Army servce. Doncha love the way the Watchtower Society is run by a$$ covering, (a$$ett protecting) lawyers.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Doncha love the way the Watchtower Society is run by a$$ covering, (a$$ett protecting) lawyers.

Yeah, but you told me you took a tax deduction on that Santa Cap and those $400 sunglasses you wear all the time, not to mention $10,000 worth of dental work and your hair plugs. You claimed it was "for business purposes."

I won't even mention your lifetime subscription to "Red Meat" which you wrote off as "educational expenses."

You were a dub at the time, too!

Farkel

• zarco
    zarco

I don't think witnesses are any more dishonest than others. I do think that witnesses are generally not very good business people (there are some exceptions) because they have not been trained and in fact reject good financial training/education. Because of the lack of training and not looking at businesses as a life long endeavor they take shortcuts, maybe forgetting to make quarterly tax payments or keeping good records. If one misses a quarterly payment or two, it becomes tough to catch up.

One area that we observe the witnesses most egregious in in their abuse of the law is with regard to employment taxes. Many witnesses in the building trades hire people as contractors paying them without withholding taxes and making social security contributions, when in fact they are not contractors but employees. The majority of self-employed witnesses that we have known abuse employment law. I guess one shouldn't be surprised, as "mother" seems to do the same.

zarco

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

being real careful here.... i know one that runs and owns a very busy shop that has zero taxable income...maybe its 'legal' someway but i sure dont think it's moral!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit