"Letting Spiritual Light Shine Online" - Watcthower.org gets 70,000 hits a day!

by slimboyfat 30 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

According to the statbrain site daniel-p posted, this site gets about a third of the visits per day that the Watchtower site gets. Is that right?

That's not bad going at all.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well hits or visitors I don't think it much makes a difference we all know the Wt like to play with words and meanings. I would be glad if the WT site got even more that means that people are using the Internet to find out about the WT which means they are likely going to other sites that are critical of the WT. It's all good.

• Quandary
    Quandary

lds.org gets 171,800 hits per day! Now THAT is disturbing!

• rebel8
    rebel8

If you click on the stats page linked earlier, you will see erroneous stats can be corrected.

I have it on good authority that the wt webmaster, Ms. Beth Shan, recently sent them a corrected daily average: 666.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I compared the hit reported with the counters on a couple of my pages. The reported numbers are over three times the number of unique visitors to my sites, as reported by sitemeter. So, evidently the Watchtower has inflated it hit numbers that much more.

• teel
    teel

Alexa tells us some interresting info too: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/watchtower.org

The site is visited by 0.0079% of the global internet users, on average a user spends 4 minutes, and 47% of the users view one single page.

For some reason http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/jehovahs-witness.net has only 1 month old data, but here: it's viewed by 0.00135% of the global internet users (1/7 of watchtower.org, I think that's pretty impressive), a user spends 6 minutes, and only about 29% view one single page.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Just to put this in context, the stats from statsbrain won't be accurate, they can't be unless statsbrain has tracking code in every site, which it doesn't. It will be a guess at best, probably the same method TV viewing figures are worked out. So it could be way off.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Do they have the Day Text on there? If they do...and I didnt look....then maybe that many people who look that up once a day. Compared to 7,000,000 Dubs on the planet...that aint sucha much...and really, how many of those are apostates looking to grab juicy stuff to post someplace else? hehehehe

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't think they have the day text on the official site.

Ordinary brothers have got in trouble in the past for posting the day text and other stuff online I seem to recall.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I bet it's a lot less than the Dilbert website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit