"Letting Spiritual Light Shine Online" - Watcthower.org gets 70,000 hits a day!

by slimboyfat 30 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am reading the new 2010 Yearbook at the moment. On page 13 it says www.watchtower.org gets 70,000 hits a day, and that 24 million people visited the Web site last year, a 33% increase since 2007.

Simon, how does that compare with this site? Are we close?

Why do people visit the Watcthower Web site? It's so boring, just some of the latest magazines and a lot of old stuff. The only reason I can thing why a JW or anyone else might want to visit the site is to have a look and see what the NWT says in a particular verse. That's pretty much the only reason I have used the site over the past few years.

• daniel-p
  • undercover
    undercover

But Danny...

SBF is talking about the official WT site...

edit - I see that Dan is answering the question about how close JWD is...my bad

but I plugged in WT.org

http://www.statbrain.com/www.watchtower.org/

Which still doesn't match what the Yearbook claims...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Which still doesn't match what the Yearbook claims...

You mean they lied?

• undercover
    undercover
    Why do people visit the Watcthower Web site?

I go there. To quote their Bible and to find quotes from their publications. Even their newer stuff has damning info.

If you wanna prove something about JWs to someone, especially a JW, better to use their own words than those of an opposer...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Be careful of the NWT online!

Once you get in, you can't get out without shutting down everything.

Sylvia

• LatinxJW
    LatinxJW

u mean they lied?

Is it really that shocking

http://www.statbrain.com/www.watchtower.org/

21,259 visits per day

• Think About It
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe the 21,000 figure is for the English version alone. Is that possible?

Would they lie about something that could so easily falsified?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Well, visitors and pageviews are two different things. Which are they talking about? They might have 25,000 visitors a day with an average of three pageviews, which would put them in the 70,000 a day range for page loads. Or they might have 70k visitors a day.

If it is truly 70k visitors, that could simply be achieved by 1 out of 100 JW's visiting the official site on any given day. Not so significant if you look at it that way. That would mean each active JW visiting the site three times a year. I'm sure most with internet access visit more than that. Any way you slice it, the world at large isn't busting the WT server.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit